How to get over my ex of 2 and a half years?

I feel like I've taken all the steps to feeling better. I'm going to the gym, I'm taking new classes, I have a job. I'm moving on with my life. But it doesn't make me happier. It doesn't fill the void in my heart.

I meet new people but I can't find anyone interesting. I can't find people who share my interests or that I enjoy spending time with.

I still feel incomplete and like I still love him even though it wouldn't work anymore.

What could be the problem?

tl;dr: Mandatory summary/question!

How do I move on? I feel like I've taken all the steps to moving on but they don't seem to work. I'm scared of meeting new people and I need some tips. Something is missing and I can't figure it out.

12

Most Helpful Girl

• Reposting my opinion on an earlier question like this:

"Realized that there's so much more to life than being sad over someone who wasted a good future with you. There's a lot of wonderful time to be spent discovering yourself. You don't need a rebound. You have to get through it on your own. Fill yourself with love, not anyone else. Become a whole being on your own. Live for yourself and be happy on your own. You gotta learn to love YOURSELF more so next time you enter a new relationship you have more to offer and you'd be wiser than ever. 😊"

• I feel like I am full enough on my own. I've never felt like I needed other people but somehow I just feel hollow. Like there's nothing eventful or to look forward to.

• I guess I do enjoy my own company. But I feel like there's something missing. It's not necessarily someone else. Maybe it's just a passion. What I'm supposed to do with myself. I feel like I just waste my time and I don't do anything.

• Reflect. What do you want to happen with your life anyway? Get to know yourself. What are you good at? What do you enjoy doing? Start doing it. As I've said earlier, do things you've been wanting to do but haven't done yet.

What Guys Said 2

• Keep doing what your doing keep busy and active don't date or rush in to another relationship and in time it will heal and you'll know when your ready to move on. If it didn't work before and u know it won't work again then your already half way there to getting over it. Once u do move on and fall in love again it will eventually just become a distant memory even if it doesn't feel like that at the moment.

• I'm afraid I won't ever meet someone else. It's irrational I know.

• You will and you may feel like that now but many millions of people have also felt like that before but if every first serious relationship breakup stopped people moving on then life on this planet would end but it hasn't because people move on and find love again then settle down and have kids and the cycle moves on

• Well for starters you have to understand that you don't need anyone to make you feel complete. Your a FULL human and second you have a passion that gets your mind off the world I suggest a learning musical instrument.

• I don't want to spend too much money on an instrument though. The only instrument I would like to learn how to play is the piano and I don't have one.

• Its worth it the most you'll prolly spend is 150-300. Hell my guitar was 350 and the amp 400 but you know what it filled my life with joy. Spoil yourself! YOLO! xD

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!