I just got out of a relationship that lasted over a year and he just broke up with me. What do I do?

He came over and told me he wants his stuff back and that he thinks we should break up. I am a complete mess and I still love him. Someone give me advice to get over this. He was my first EVERYTHING.

46

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because two people Break up, @Emmeeee, doesn't mean they can't and don't Make up and that it's Good-bye, my love forever. And with you both 'Just got out of a relationship that lasted over a year' here, dear, there may possibly come a time when down the line you Both... Get in contact with one another and talk things out.
    Many times over when two people split, many times they end up either giving it one more try or just being friends with or with no benefits. You and your "EX" who still Marks an X in your own softie spot, have history together and with just breaking it off, he may see that he is Missing the Kissing and the times you both shared.
    I would imagine that you too were and still are His.. EVERYTHING.
    Don't fall apart so fast just yet. It's new to him too and he may be finding another excuse To... Come over.
    Good luck. xx
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you, @Emmeeee, for allowing me to lend a helping hand with the man.:)) xxoo

• Sometimes your first, isn't your always. And this guy, doesn't sound like your always

• Good then and with this... enjoy your weekend, sweetie. xx

What Guys Said 6

• It's alright to feel like crap. Don't try to bottle it up. It will eventually pass. Just occupy your time with your hobbies and try not to think about him too much. Don't look at old texts or photos or anything like that. Do give him his stuff back so he can move on. He may have been your first but that doesn't make him your last. You'll find someone new that you'll be really attracted to who will make you happy and share affection with. Right now just focus on your life and just move forward.

• It's OK there's plenty more fish in the sea and there's only so many tears you can cry

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rGCgGJERp3I

And there's life after a broken heart

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=otwxClvTlCs

• Have you had a fight or something. Did he even give you a reason for breaking up?

• He said it was the little things but then told me I focused too much on the small things which doesn't make sense.

• Maybe it's temporary and he just needs some break? Anyway reseect his decision by givin him his stuff, i believe

• It's not, we already took a break and now he told me he will be happier without me and that really hurts, I just feel like a mess

• I did, and he said some pretty mean stuff, so he made it easy to get over him

• ok so it'd b better 2 forget him, since he goes so asinine

• Sounds bad, but not necessarily a bad thing.

• You're too young to be in that long of a relationship

What Girls Said 3

• i feel soooo sad for you.. i know how this feels.. .. you have to wait... for this pain to go away... dont beg.. dont ask him to stay... you will always feel bad for the rest of your life if you do this.. other than that.. talk to your best friend.. cry all you want.. icecream helps me.. soo give it a try..

• Its just we've been through so much and he promise after my abortion he would stay and help me through it, but months later he broke up with me while I cry about how I was pressured into doing something I never felt comfortable with (abortion). Im happy im not a single mom though, because he told me he would leave, but he left either way.

• is there anything i can do or say to make you feel better? you can message me if you ever want to talk.. ok.. :)

• Nobody can tell you if you are too young, don't let that guy tell you. Just the only thing you can do is wait and maybe just maybe try to talk to him. Ask him what you did wrong and why he ended things. Other than that maybe distract yourself with other things. Hang out with friends, find hobbies. But other than that sorry girl but that is all that you can do is just wait and see. If he doesn't want to talk though, don't keep bothering him just wait it out, don't text or try to force him to talk that will juts push him farther away. Good luck girly!!

• Maybe you should tell him how you feel