My husband prefers to be with his friends than with his family. Should I get a divorce?

my husband prefers to be with his friends than with his family, witch is me and my 3 year old boy. and his friends aren't good people... they all do drugs like him... they drink and the worst part he brings them home and i dont like it because i woudnt like my kid to turn like his father. he also doesn't want to get money and take care of our kid. but i also feel bad because none of his family support him.

• stay with him
  • leave him

49

Most Helpful Girl

• It's only going to get worse here, dear, and with him and the drinking and drug using and the rock and roll redrick with his bad ass Friends... You are his enabler.
    An Enabler is someone who continues down a beaten path to Allow a loser to to keep doing what they have been doing and doesn't try and stop them. Perhaps you have tried everything under the sun to get him to stop, to be a husband and father to your kid but you. Haven't... Showed tough love, just taken his bull.
    It's time to take the bull by the horns here, dear. Take your child, move out with a family member until he agrees to change. He has issues with drugs, a bad environment for your child and as long as you permit yourself to pick up his problem pieces, this will only end up a War of the Roses.
    No, his 'Family won't support him' because they don't want to go on that List of 'Enablers' who constantly have to support him as a life line and a life support with problems that they feel is your turn to do something about now.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you, sweetie, and hopefully one day he will see that he needs to get help with his issues in order to make a life with you and his child.:)) xx

What Guys Said 9

• You married a druggie? Seriously? And now you're not happy with your choice?

• first, i'd suggest you pray about it and then talk to him about it. if that fails, i'd suggest a trail separation. once you've tried those 2 things... you need to end things. you will have done everything you could. you're also not wrong to worry about your son-he is at a very critical stage in his life... around the time if he uses drugs himself or not.

• You're under 18...

• "they all do drugs like him."

ok that's all I needed. Divorce now.

• Ain't under 18 kinda young to be married?

• Any way to answer your question, in my opinion I would divorce him, that not a god environment to raise a kid and could possibly cause you to loose your child.

• I see, :).

• he is right about loosing your son.

• I voted A, but only because I didn't read the whole text (sorry about that) Now that I've read it, definitely B.

• Why can't you make the money instead of being hypergamous

• Is your brain functioning properly? that's not the main problem

• Just remember that most of the women giving you advice are divorced and misery love company. Do things with him that he likes and include family and friends. Especially if you have children. If he was abusing or cheating on you I would say yes.

• If he isn't cheating, why not think of your son first?
    Go here and read... A LOT
    www.marriagebuilders.com

What Girls Said 3

• divorce him...

• As bad as it sounds please get out while you can I know how this feels and have been doing it for way to long it only gets worse. You and your son deserve better.

• If he's not doing anything to help you and the kid like fathers/husbands are suppose to do then leave him, he is worthless.