Have you ever been turned down or left for someone else?

Just asking since, a guy I had a lot of feelings for and only hooked up with unfortunately told me he started dating someone last night... He did not know beforehand how strong my feelings were for him, so I ended up telling him. He apologized and said he understood how hard it was to have feelings for someone who does not feel the same way...

This actually has never happened to me before... I'm pretty upset about it, and I can't stop wondering who the woman is or what she looks like, or what she has that I don't... I guess it's crazy, and I will definitely not let this happen again by giving myself up like that.

5143

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had it happen to me. Several times. Enough in number and severity to turn me somewhat cold-hearted toward women. I've taken steps to ensure it never happens again. Ever. Sucks for a woman to think guys can turn YOU down/leave YOU in perpetual pursuit of the Bigger Better Deal. So, with that being said, how does it feel?

• My actions were the reason it happened. I didn't present myself as relationship material at first, which is probably why he never had any feelings for me..

• A YOUNG woman with a sense of personal accountability for her action? Maybe there's indeed hope for society...

• Yeah... I didn't really present myself as relationship material and acted slutty, when in reality I'm very sensitive and monogamous. Of course he had no way to know that, so it's mostly my fault...

Most Helpful Girl

• No but I'm pretty much always girl #2. By that I just mean either there's guys I didn't know or weren't close to that my friends dated so of course we got to know each other. Then on top of that I live in a small neighborhood so you don't get too many options but of course I would never date a guy my friend is/was dating.

What kind of friend would I be...

• I live in a small town too which does make it harder i believe. I'm moving to a large city next year though thankfully.