How do you move on when not knowing why someone broke up with you?

It's been 3 months since my boyfriend of 3 years dumped me and he never gave a reason why. I cut him off from my life but I can't seem to move because I don't know what went wrong. I always knew with my previous relationships but this just bugs me every day. I tried talking to him but he never gave a clear answer, I had to drag things out from him. I just want to know why...

55

Most Helpful Guy

• It's hard to move on from something like that specially if you weren't give the proper answers you probably needed to hear or deserved. All you can do is distract yourself from whatever means to forget about him and that includes hanging out with your friends more, going to the gym more often and trying out new activities. You have to fully cut whatever connection or ties with him in order to properly move on with your life, otherwise you'll keep thinking or him and probably wanting him back. It will take time, but that's all you can really do to forget about someone.

What Guys Said 4

• Same story, different gender. Same length of time, too. It's just as frustrating to me as it is to you. I did move on, though. It took a long time. Long after, I found out she'd met someone online and that was the reason. I thought knowing would help, but oddly enough, it didn't.

• You pick yourself up and big strong , tell yourself you can do lot better
    yes it hurts like hell to be dumped i been there and back when they
    can't give a clear answer it most likely they cheated and can't man up
    to tell you the truth,

• The real reason he broke up with you was a loss in attraction...

• The reality is, he owes you no reason at all.

What you need to do instead is simply analyze your behavior in the relationship and decide to learn whatever you can so you can be a better woman for the next relationship.

Then go meet people, obviously.

What Girls Said 5

• Maybe it's best that you don't know the reason. Leave it be and seek your own closure. Perhaps you were just too good for him to begin with.. I mean that might be staying the obvious here. After 3 years I would think that you would at least deserve that respect.

• All you have to know is that he didn't want to be with you anymore. As painful and as hard as that is, remind yourself that.

• Honey sometimes you gotta accept things the way they are just leave it at that. I went through the same before with an ex. Some people are just selfish cowards. Just forgive him for you and go on and be a wonderful person. Life is too short, to get buried alive in sh/t. Hugs

• This one guy broke up with his girlfriend because he had some sort of serious disease and he did not want her to suffer.

• it's hard to say, but not all break ups have the closure we need, there's no answers so don't hurt yourself trying to look for them... just let it be, it all shall pass, just stay strong and let time heal all your wounds. From my experience live one day at a time, feel whatever you need to, cry a lot if you need to and focus on yourself. YOU are the one that's important right now.