I just said goodbye forever to my ex and I hope he comes running back to me?

We were together for 3 years and he broke up with me 3 months ago because he got bored aka lost attraction. He convinced me to stay friends and I tried my best but it didn't work, I realized I can't get over him like that and that he doesn't deserve me as a friend. He treated me very badly few times during those 3 months and I just had enough. I just had a talk with him and I said I want a clean break and a goodbye forever, I wasn't mean or anything I was just honest. He said if that's what I want then be it and he sounded very sad, but I'm it's not as hard for him as it is for me. So I deleted him from social media and from everywhere and I want to start a new page in my life. In the same time I feel relieved, proud and strong, because it was the right thing to do, and I also feel very very sad. I wasn't even crying when we broke up, but now I can't stop. I know I am gonna miss him but I know I won't contact him. But to be honest, deep inside I hope that he changes his mind and comes running back to me. Is it normal that I hope for that?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• this makes no sense at all. He sounds like he wasn't nice to you. You are better off without him!

What Guys Said 1

• Ah, young love.

What Girls Said 1

• Aww sweets, i know how you feel. Its normal to think that. I broke up with my ex, same reason with your ex, i lost attraction and i suggested for us to be friends but the feelings aren't coming back even if i wanted to. My ex still loves me and hoping that we get back together but I've been telling him to move on. Your best bet would be to move on. Embrace the pain and your emotions but dont expect anything from him.