Saying goodbye?

me and my ex was together 3 years, when he left i found out i was pregnant and was admant he did not want the baby, after 4 weeks of us splitting he is seeing someone new, he's hurt me beyond belief, but i still sent him a goodbye text saying i wished him well.. has anyone ever done this before and felt like they had done the right thing?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Have never done this before because I didn't get pregnant but I did leave because it was the right thing to do, however after that short amount of time, I would be hurt.. I never really have wished someone well after a break up, sort of just ends. HOWEVER I do hope you're planning on getting child support!

What Guys Said 2

• IF someone had behaved that way toward me, I sure wouldn't have sent him any polite or friendly text EVER!!!

• You, as a new mother to be, have the legal right to sue him for child support, that's tour legal right as a girl and mother. His right as a man though is that he would only have to pay child support until the baby is 18 andddd his other legal right is that he does not have to be with you if he doesn't want to. You can't force him to be a husband or father to the kid. Of course he wants to that's his legal right too. In just sayin' tall have rights as human beings, USE THEM!

• I think that she was asking if it was the right thing to text him to wish him well, I think. But you were right to outline her legal rights. I have been in this position with my first boyfriend. It is a nightmare! If you are planning on keeping the child, it is a good idea to keep relations civil. At some point in the future, you will meet again, as the child will want to meet his father, or via versa. My heart really does go out to you for I know you have a hard road ahead of you.

• The kid, is going to want to know his/her father, no matter what. it would be wrong for him not to

What Girls Said 2

• There's nothing else you could have done anyways. So better stay friendly... If he's not interested you can't force him to like you. However you should be aware that he probably won't come back for the baby either and you're on your own.

• you really don't need this loser, but you did what you felt it was right.. Don't regret it, just know you donĀ“t have to be nice to the man that left you pregnant and started dating another girl right away.