Guys, I'm I getting false hope? or does this mean anything?

My ex and I broke up and we haven't talked since May 5, yesterday I had to email him because I got my phone stolen which had a lot of info in it and I needed to block it with the serial # and he had that info. 2 months ago I was trying really hard to get him back but I decided to just live my life and try not to think about him and move on with my life, so it was really hard decision to email him, specially because i thought he wouldn't respond or would be rude since that was how he was when we first broke up. So I emailed him and he replied quickly telling me that when he got home that day or the next day he would send me the picture and asked me what happened. I told him I got robbed and he was very concerned. Later he sent me the info I needed and i thanked him and asked him how he was doing. He replied and asked how i was and i told him. He replied very nicely and told me he was so happy that i was doing so good and that I would be the best at my job :). Then i made up an excuse to go and end the conversation by myself. I told him that next time we could talk about his job when I had more time and he said sounds good. Based on this what do you think I should do next, should i email or text him later in a week or so or should I wait for him to contact me, or was this just nothing and I am looking too much into it. Any advise on this would be extremely helpful. Thank you.

Im just afraid to get hurt again, i still love him a lot and i have finally started to be ok and get over the pain, but i still think about him all the time. How long should i wait until i contact him again?

2

What Guys Said 2

• It wouldn't hurt to follow up. Why not? You take a risk either way.

• Im just afraid to get hurt again, i still love him a lot and i have finally started to be ok and get over the pain, but i still think about him all the time. How long should i wait until i contact him again?

• That's up to you. If you've gotten over it, maybe it's best to let sleeping dogs lie. If you throw yourself in the ring again, you could get hurt. You're not much younger than me, you know how the game's played. The dance is always complicated. That's the fun of it.

• keep in mind that he could just be being friendly.