Normal to question if your normal after breakup?

So it's been 5 months. Real first heartache. I'm questioning my normality daily. I'm sometimes really extroverted and fun. Other times I'm spineless and soft spoken. My new job I can tell people think I'm weird and just weak. No women in my life. We'll I have a couple friends that are females that I can hang out with on occasion. I just feel weird.. out of the loop. Do I need therapy?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• You sound like you are doing it tough and not in a position to move yourself forward... first is always the hardest... its only time that can help with healing.. as its been5 months... its still probably feels so lived... have you spoken to anyone about it? you sound like you need to really need to get a lot out of your system... it is not good for you, you can see its already affecting your work... I think it would be helpful if you can speak to someone close to you or failing that... seek an appointment with a local councillor to talk to about it... you will feel so much better! also try taking st. johns wort... a natural herb for slight depression... get your hormone levels checked out too by a GP as this can affect your mojo!

What Girls Said 3

• I don't believe therapy is nescessary unless you feel you have social anxiety. In that case meds in conjunction with therapy will help.

• I mean I think we all get it to a certain extent. I'm really trying to avoid meds.

• Just a suggestion. It's very medical and natural as it comes from the earth. You should care what people would think of you. Who has the right to judge anyone?

• Medicinal***
      Shouldn't****

• That might be a really good idea. Break ups can be tough if you care about a person enough. So talking out things can help a lot. Yeah, it'll hurt from time to time but eventually you'll bounce back.

• Time to get over it. Seriously. 5 months. Get another girl

What Guys Said 1

• I feel for you, man. I've been there, too. It takes time. You're going though a phase now. Therapy may help, if it's available to you. Talk to who you can; it will help. You need to internalize what happened and your emotions are raw at the moment. It takes time to rebuild the walls once they come crashing down.