Should I just leave this alone?

MY ex husband called my friend asking about me and our dog and was sounding completely pitiful. We divorced only three months ago. I told him before the divorce that if we went through with it he would be dead to me. He accepted that then, but after he lost the girlfriend he left me for and lost his job and no one will hire him, now he won't get off my nuts. He posts all these posts about wanting his old life back and he is going to do everything he can to win me over. I'm in a good place now and my depression and anxiety disorder has improved tremendously. He was abusive in the relationship which was why I left. What should I do. I've ignored him sense the divorce but he doesn't get that when I said "you're dead to me" I meant it. And of course dead men can't call and text people. He is confused.

23

Most Helpful Girl

• At this point, you need to focus on you and rebuilding yourself as a woman without the seeds of insecurity and unrest your ex-husband planted. Despite what lead up to where you are right now, your ex-husband was a complete threat to your self-esteem and a happy, peaceful future. He sabotaged your ability to live a joyful, fulfilled life where anxiety and depression don’t dominate your daily thoughts. So, you would be doing a major service to yourself to continue what you are doing by embracing his absence.

You are beautiful, young woman and it is really sad that most of your 20’s has been wasted on this guy’s drama and foolishness. Honestly, he sounds like one, huge dramatic mess and it’s extremely unfair for him to expose you to his excessive drama in ways that take away from your life. If he misses the old life that he disposed of for a shady female then that’s his fault. He made his bed, now he gets to lie in it. He made disgusting choices; these are the consequences. Don’t worry about him. It’s probably a good idea for you to delete and block him from every social media website and really just focus on constructing the type of woman you want to be and creating the life you desire now that he’s not around to impede your wishes!

• Thanks for MHO :)
      Feel free to reach out if you want to discuss this some more

What Guys Said 3

• Stay right where you are. You're in the right and better off for it. Toss the loser to the curb and let him stew in his own sweat. He needs the time to reflect.

• If he won't leave you alone, call the cops on him or something

• He had his chance, why give him another one? he clearly just being a sore loser

What Girls Said 1

• If he is abusive, you should stay away from him as all he did was hurt you both physically and emotionally. Because he has lost his job, he is probably thinking of the good days when he was financially stable and had someone to come home to.