Are you divorced?

So I already know about today's high rate of divorce.
("Latest statistics (published December 2012) estimate that 42% of marriages in England and Wales end in divorce. It is also estimated that: 34% of marriages are expected to end in divorce by the 20th wedding anniversary.") Also, I read that 40-50% of marriages in the USA end in divorce. So, quite similar figures.
It sort of dissapoints me :/ I mean, I'm sure most people thought they knew what they were doing when they got married, but I think some people just need to think it through a bit more. Think about it, you're marrying someone. That's quite a big thing. Also the fact that if some wonderful person decides to put up with my shenanigans and marry me, there's a 30-50% sitting there...

Did you want a divorce, or you partner, or both?
Was it sudden or did you see it coming?
Are you still on good terms with your parnter?

Then again, I am only 16, and know little to nothing of how relationships work. Feel free to say I'm wrong, or provide a counter argument. I am aware that nothing applies to everyone :)

• I am divorced, after a relatively short marrigae
  • I've been happily married for a shorter amount of time
  • I am divorced, after a long marriage
    Vote C
  • I've been happily married for a long time now :)
    Vote D
  • I have never been married / See results
    Vote E

56

Most Helpful Girl

• I have never been married.
    When I'll marry someone. I wouldn't really think of getting a divorce. My parents have been happily married for the last 33 years. Of course, they have had their differences. They didn't give up. Now, they're very happy.

What Girls Said 4

• I got married in December. Not divorced.

• Never been married.

• I have been married for 14 years. Wouldn't be too upset with a divorce tbh.

• Never married.

What Guys Said 6

• My marriage lasted about 2 years. I'd call that short. I was only ever married once; I'm not saying I wouldn't do it again, but I've learned a lot along the way. I'd be far more careful now than I was then.

• Those statistics mainly apply to heterosexual Christian marriages, you know the people who claim the "sanctity of marriage" is under attack.
    Marriages involving atheists, Hindus, same sex couples, Jews and Muslims have a much lower divorce rate.

• I have never been married.

• I don't believe in married

• No, not divorced. My marriage ended under the "till death do us part" clause.

• Just a kid choosing for the See Results