When an ex says he's not ready to be in a relationship, doesn't it translate that he's not interested in YOU?

so my ex apologizes to me and admit all his mistakes and tells me that he wants us to be in good terms, start over and be friends. When I asked him where do we go from here, he tells me that he isn't ready to date, and doesn't want to pursue anything big because he doesn't think he can mentally handle it. It's BS! yet he still follows the girl on his social media that apparently broke his heart, it's the same girl that he got with RIGHT AFTER we broke up. if that makes sense. I just feel like he's making excuses that he doesn't really want to be with ME. oh and when I invited him to my bDAY, he is down to go, wtf? am i really that friendzoned?

10

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Just because two people Break up doesn't mean they can't and don't Make up and that it's Good-bye, my love forever. And with an "EX" who still Marks an X in her own softie spot, when he tells you 'He wants us to be in good terms, start over and 'Be friends'... He usually means "No strings attached."
    With him trying to be this Honest John and whispering sweet Nothings in your ear here, dear, if he didn't care a bit about you he wouldn't have bothered to have gone ahead and 'Apologizes to me and admit all his mistakes.' Many times over, it is Really over and with This... No friends till the end.
    You can see that he means business but maybe you feel it is Monkey business with the girl from the past. He may just want Friends with benefits with her, which still doesn't Mean... Hooked at the hip.
    Don't wear your own heart on your sleeve. Go about your own life, your own Business and keep it lite and semi sweet with him. If you choose to be friends, Follow your own lead of Not Expecting too much Except Knowing That... He can't be trusted and is this fickle pickle in the Romance department.
    Good luck. xx