Do you think marriage is the number one cause of divorce?

Do you think marriage is the number one cause of divorce?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No. The number one failure of marriage are bad relationships, and the number one failure of relationships, is not bad sex... it's communication. If you don't communicate well, how do you expect to be in a solid relationship

1|1
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• Well, marriage is the only way to actually get a divorce. There are no other ways. Is it a cause for divorce? No. That's just people trying to justify not getting married. It's like guys here saying they don't get married because it ruins a relationship. A signature on a piece of paper can't ruin something. That's just one more excuse.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's not necessarily marriage, although marriage LEADS to divorce. It's the people in the marriage and their own individual situation. It could also be the lack of open mindedness that's leading couples to divorce in solvable situations.

0|1
    0|0
  • Tricky you! I'm not sure about that but I'm sure that sex is responsible for a majority of the world's babies.

0|1
    0|0
  • Makes perfect sense to me.

0|1
    0|0
  • haha yeah!
    0 marriages = 0 divorces

0|1
    0|0
  • If you didn't marry then there would be no divorce. So yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • to be honest i thought this just meant "to get divorced you have to be married"

0|1
    0|0
  • men get lazy, women get bitchy its just that.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would agree with that.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• without marriage there would be divorce. but it's not really a cause and effect because marriage isn't the cause of divorce it is a condition than only occur through marriage.

so in sense this is correct but in a more exact sense I don't think you can say this is true

0|1
    0|0
  • NEWS FLASH!

It is scientifically proven that 100% of ALL people who breathe air will DIE! You will die if you breathe air, it is the silent killer.

1|3
    0|0
  • No, a lot of these divorces come from people getting married for the wrong reasons, at the wrong times when it is not a financially responsible or to the wrong people who cheat and do other things and the other person knows it but does it anyway.

Marriage is not the problem the people getting married are.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. Once u start getting comfy with that person, u start taken them for granted. Otherwise sum people juz hadn't have enough deek or P€$$¥

0|1
    0|0
  • Kinda like how dying is the leading cause of death in our country! We need to find a cure soon!

0|1
    0|0
  • Without marriage, there won't be any divorce

0|1
    1|1
  • Yes i do. Paet of the reason i never wanna get married.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes of course divorce rate is so high cuz marriage.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think the number one cause for divorce is people who do not honor the commitment to be married by breaking their vows or whatever.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, and life is the number one cause of death.

0|1
    0|0