2 years broken up and still miss him, what can I do?

So I've been having recurring dreams of my ex, we broke up 2 years ago, I've tried to move on, go on dates, tried dating different guys, had a booty call, and I'm still here thinking of my no good lying cheating ex. We've had no communication after the breakup, what have been your experiences, and what helped you to move on?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Take the lessons you learned from that relationship, that being the qualities you want and don't want, and be done with it. You have to make a conscious decision that you are now moving on.

What Guys Said 2

• Moving on isn't actually a thing where one day you stop thinking about them all together magically.

You have to take it one day at a time like the drunks in AA lol

• I'm in the same boat as you. My ex and I broke up about a year ago. I've also gone out on lots of dates. Had a lot of sex with all kinds of girls.

My ex cheated on me and is engaged with the new guy. Our last day was very bitter, she indicated she didn't want me to contact her (and I didn't). I think about her most days. Sometimes I find myself humming something she would hum. I usually compare girls to her.

I feel haunted by some of her words and words from my family. I just can't escape it.

What Girls Said 3

• Instead of distracting yourself with more romance, try distracting yourself with work. Dive deep into new projects or a new work flow. I find it's the healthiest way to move on.

• lol just move on believe me I've been through the same thing

• Get over him. for God sakes it's been two years