Guys, Why won't my ex hold my hand?

My ex, very reluctantly, and myself have decided to try and make things work. He has been very guarded and cautious and I first thought it was because he just didn't like me anymore. We were together for 3 years and almost got engaged but he broke it off after evaluating that we had too many problems. He has anxiety/depression and he said that he felt I did not treat him well during those times. We are young and maybe I wasn't treating him well all of those times but I was trying my best. Anyway because of this eye are taking things very very slowly. We hang out once a week, text a little and have no physical contact apart from an intimate hug before we say goodbye. I asked him the other day why he feels we cannot cuddle while watching a movie or hold hands and he said for him that is a sign of deep affection and he does not feel comfortable with that at the moment. We have a laugh when we hang out and he always says he had a good time. I'm unsure if him not wanting to hold hands was him telling me he just doesn't like me anymore? I asked him yesterday through text if he was unhappy and he said he was just finding it difficult be he had fun. I then said I just wanted to make sure he was ok and if it is easier for him then would he prefer to move on and have me out of his life and he replied no, he things he is up for trying still. So, where do I actually stand? He is a very sensitive guy deep down because of his illness but he acts all macho for the lads and in public.

3

Most Helpful Guy

• No he was clear actually... he thinks he's not ready holdin hands atm. This doesn't mean he doesn't want u

• Thanks, but is it that he isn't ready because he doesn't feel that way about me yet? Or that he isn't ready to let himself emotionally connect in this way?

• i'd go wid da 2nd one ;)

What Guys Said 2

• I don't know ask him not us

• People go through strange things after a break up. For me I had an ex who would fuck me but wouldn't kiss me for the longest time; I thought that was strange. Give it some time; if he cares about you it'll pan out. Otherwise find something / someone who gives you more of what you want.