My ex says he wants to be just friends why does he do this?

He calls me every week and sometimes he says he loves me and when he called me today and I didn't answer he called me 10 times and texted me to please call him back because he needs me. And ever time we talk its for over 2 hours. Tonight he kept saying he loves me and when I said it back he said "those days are over babe" then I told him what are we friends and he said yeah. Is that all he truly wants?

By the way he broke up with me and that was almost 5 months ago.

11

What Guys Said 1

• I think he's still in the process of trying to move on from you, but finds it hard to do so cause of his feelings for you in the past. He only wants to be friends.

What Girls Said 1

• Just because two people Break up doesn't mean they can't and don't Make up and that it's Good-bye, my love forever. And with an "EX" who still Marks his X in his own softie spot, there comes a time down the line When... He says he loves me.
    With saying all of this, he is Missing the Kissing and some history you both used to share. However, just because his words are supposedly speaking volumes to you, doesn't mean his Actions Will... Follow suit.
    He enjoys having you around, feels comfy and cozy with some sort of security blanket to know that he has you but Not as two birds of a feather who used to stick together. He feels he can now call the shots and eventually may ask About... Friends with benefits, which may make things here go south.
    Good luck. xx