Ex Girlfriend supposed to pick up her belongings, but Canceled last minute on me last minute. What should I do?

My ex girlfriend dumped me almost 3 months ago, and we last spoke in person 2 months ago. My girlfriend dumped me 2 weeks after introducing me to her parents and 4 days after she last stayed at my house. When she last stayed over, she hung out the next morning for a bit and I went to work. When she went home, she did not take her belongings with her (a perfect opportunity to take her belongings if she was planning to dump me. Not sure why she didn't take them). When we broke up and spoke a month later I asked her each time if she wanted her stuff back and when she would be coming, she said she did and she would come soon. She never came to get it. Last week, I reached out to her after 2 months of no contact, and told her it has been long enough and asked her if she wanted her stuff, she didn't respond, I texted her a 2nd time 24 hrs later and told her that she had 2 weeks to pick up her stuff or I will be throwing it out, but the decent thing for her to do was to respond. She finally responded and told me she would come this past Tuesday. When Tuesday came, she texted me 45 mins before she was supposed to show up and said she wouldn't be able to make it, and asked if she could come the next night, to which I said no because I had plans which I moved in order to be around for her that night. She said the reason she couldn't come was out of her control (it was an excuse, because she was at her weekly sports league). She asked why I moved my plans, to which I said "it has been long enough, I wanted to get this over with. Continuing to delay this is not doing either of us any favors. For some strange reason, I was trying to be considerate of your nuring schedule since you work night shifts" she only said she was sorry and this normally wouldn't bea problem and again was out of her control. I didn't respond after that and she hasn't contacted me since. What should I do? Should I wait for her to contact me?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• Why can't you drop it off at her place?

• Why should I drop it off to her if she dumped me? She also owes me money for a bunch of things I had to pay for one day when she forgot her wallet in another purse. The stuff I bought wasn't a gift, she said she would pay me back. Part of the reason she is coming to me is to repay me. My view is if someone dumps you and wants their stuff back, they should be enough of an adult to finish what they started. I did her enough favors when we were dating and went out of my way to put her needs first. Also, she has had over 2 months to pick up her belongings.

What Girls Said 2

• You said you were going to throw it out, and I think you should make good on that promise. Clearly she doesn't need the stuff she left at your place or she would have picked it up already.

• If you feel bad about throwing it out, you can always donate to the salvation army or something.

• Dump it out, you said you would. Follow through.

What Guys Said 1

• Take control, tell her you dumped her stuff. Time has expired.