Been 4 months since my ex of 3 years broke up with me and I'm still not okay?

I still think about him every day and about what could've been or how could've I prevented the breakup. Been analyzing myself and what went wrong. I know this is very dumb and I really want to move on. I am almost sure that if he wanted back I wouldn't take him because there's a lot of water under the bridge, but I want to know all the answers. He never gave me a clear answer why he broke up and I keep thinking if it was someone else or what the hell. It was out of the blue.

This state im in is not letting me enjoy anything. I used to love my job and people I work with, now I'm still so unmotivated about everything. I get up every morning wanting to just go back to bad. I also used to like go partying, now I hate it. I still do all of that because I know staying home won't do anything good, but no matter what I do or how busy I am he is still on my mind (at work, at gym, at party, when reading, when watching movies, etc.) because we did most of those things together. Even things that we didn't do together but loved doing by myself I don't like anymore. I hat him and I miss him in the same time.

Is this normal? Is 4 months a long time?

42

Most Helpful Girl

• I just broke up with my boyfriend of 2.5 years. I know that is was the right thing to do but that doesn't mean I'm not heartbroken too. 4 months isn't long for 3 years. I imagine the pain will last much longer for you, and for me too. But it will be ok, we will get through this

What Guys Said 2

• I had the same thing happen to me. As the others have been saying, it's normal. It does suck, though. But you'll get past this. Just takes time.

• That is absolutely normal; sometimes it takes longer to get over someone than the others

What Girls Said 3

• Took me over a year to get over my first boyfriend, I completely feel your pain. In my opinion the best cure to heart break is to find someone new. Try a dating site maybe. There's always another guy to fall in love with. I know it feels like the end of the world when this happens. It's really hard.

• tootally normal..

• Its very normal