How does a break work?

Me and my boyfriend just went on a break because our relationship is causing too much drama for the both of us. I was attacked verbally by his friend (who is not his friend anymore) & everyone feels sorry for my boyfriend because he is with me. Everyone takes my "flirtatious personality" as if I'm cheating on him every second. They say I am too controlling or too abusive. & they take my non-jealous attitude as me not caring at all about my relationship. SO my reputation has went down in this school, which I could care less about for the simple fact I know who my friends are and I can focus more on school. & Everyone is talking down about our relationship and I just see so reason to keep it if he can do better then I want to let him go so he can go find better. Does that sounds reasonable? & if he comes back and my feelings haven't changed then its meant to be right ? My last question is what exactly is the difference between a break and breakup...? What can I do and not do ? I'm not the relationship kind of girl at all and this is the exact reason why. It causes too much drama and no good can come from them except a closer friendship that if not dealing with mature people can be thrown away like it was nothing. Okay yeah I just babbled. haha my bad. please advice would be appreciated.

11

What Guys Said 1

• well a break s when you plan to get back together, but you usually dont. I don't think he will get back with you by the way you have described yourself

What Girls Said 1

• Will I understand what your going through because I'm a lot like you and people just don't know how to deal with it. And a break is like.. will.. you see other people still.. and you cand him can still have feeling for each other.. and you 2 can get back together.. like its a temporarily break. so.. breakup.. is where one of u... or none of you have feelings for one another, and you don't plan to get back together, therefore how I explained a break is just like.. a vaction... you go and have fun and do whatever.. then.. you go back to how things used to be. Hope I helped a little.. and I hpe everything works out for the best(: