How long does it take to move on from someone you really love?

It's been a month and a half before she dumped me but I still get sad. There are nights I get so lonely and cry a bit. She just stopped talking to me and it's hard because we're distanced. Our communication has been cut off suddenly

105

Most Helpful Girl

• You'll never 'move on'. After my last relationship, with someone I felt incredibly strongly about, ended, I was a mess for about 2-3 months, still not fully myself for about a year. When he comes up in conversation, I still get really down and nostalgic.

I've also been in a happy relationship with someone new for a year and a half so though meeting someone new does help, most of the moving on has to come from you. Time will be your best friend to be able to put all the hurt on the back-burner. Time, being with friends, and keeping yourself distracted.

What Girls Said 9

• Then this will eat you alive forever. Without proper closure it'll tear you apart little by little everyday. Wondering what the hell went wrong.. could you have fixed it... you know all those sorts of feelings when your heart has been ripped out and exposed

• It takes everything different amounts of time. It also depends on the length and intensity and connection of the relationship. I know that it is hard but just try your hardest to keep yourself busy. Do things to pamper you, maybe workout , or get some new clothes that you always wanted don't think about her. You might think that it was bad that she cut you off but it is truly a blessing in disguise. Constant communication with her would have never helped you to move on

• It can take years to fully move on. But that doesn't mean I'm going to wait years to date again

• It differs from every person. It could be weeks, months, or even years (LOL). It depends on how strong the feelings one have for the person who left and also how it ended.

• It differs person to person
    All that u do is get busy in something for the time being so u r not focusing much on her

• it takes a month for each year you were together they say

• Never get over it.

• :( I'm sorry :( I know it sucks

• She obviously didn't love you and why would you want someone to be with you, knowing they didn't feel the same way? There's plenty of fish in the sea. Stop feeling sorry for you self. :)

What Guys Said 5

• You never fully move on. You just get preoccupied and gradually it slips your mind. Grow to enjoy the memories and the fact that they are memories. Find something else to do with your life. Try to move on. Get rid of things you have that remind you of her. And don't try and talk to her. You will relapse and probably end up heartbroken. Good luck.

• You have been cheated many times, why you should care? Woman cheat, use, exploit and play around with guys who aren't in top 10% good looking guys. You aren't aware what your (ex) girlfriend did with such guys - it's all the nastly shit you can imagine and beyond that as well. Your princes was somebody else's slut. Get knowing woman before respecting them.

• Man, I would like to tell something..

• It can take months bro, be ready...

• Have you ever been with this kind of shit?

• I have. A girl broke my psyche and I had a similar reaction. I could't sleep, my confidence went down the drain, I couldn't stop thinking about the things I wanted to say to her and of course since I'm a guy I never got the chance to talk to anyone about it. I needed to vent all of that but instead of crying (never did), I kind of isolated myself and when I went out I was like a zombie, just there feeling blur in my head.

The good news is, even if it takes time, it all passes by without you knowing it. And when it does, you stop caring at all the sudden. That's why the best thing is to keep busy somehow. I actually stopped smoking during that period and hit the gym. The results where great in the end.

• You won't be better untill you want to, that shit is gonna eat you up untill you lose all of the feelings for her

• Get a new hobby