I can't stop thinking about the girl my ex left me for?

I know her, my ex and I met her together with some mutual friends. We all used to be friends for awhile, until I backed off. I realized she is a controling slut who want's to fuck with my boyfriend and I didn't want to hang out with her or her friends anymore. I thought my boyfriend did the same but surprise surprise he didn't, he fell for her, dumped me and now is like fuck buddies with her or something like that. We were togheter for 3 years. This happened 4 months ago.

Anyways. I was heartbroken but I am living with it. I don't want to hear anything about him, he disgusts me. I don't even think about him, I already started liking someone else. But I can't stop thinking about HER. About what did she have that I don't and about what is it so special about her to leave a long term relationship. I think every day about her, the way she talks, walks, dresses, flirts... I check her up on facebook and even tho I hate to admit it I am jealous of her. I know I am more sexy, more fun, mature and smart, and she is just a kid (17 years old). There must have been something that I did wrong and she did right, to choose her. I feel sorry for her because deep inside I know she is not an evil person. She is in her teenage years and she likes older men attention. She slept with almost every one of my guy friends. She was super attached to me tho, for some reason, before I ditched her. She wanted me more then anymone, she was looking at me like her older sister, and everyone said that. Then when I ditched her she cried for weeks, calling me, begging me to be her friend, would always find excuse to show up where I am. By boyfriend always thought that's cute and asked me to give her a chance, but fuck that, I didn't like her. Well what's done it's done. But I can't stop thinking about her and worrying that she is a better person then me... It's stupid, right? Did this ever happened to you?

52

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex and I were together on and off for 7years and have children together. He just recently started dating a girl I know and it bothers me a lot too. I was really hoping to eventually work things out with my ex but this obviously makes things even harder. I know deep down inside things between them will eventually fall apart and in the meantime I need to do a couple of drastic things. His whole family are on my side and are very upset and disappointed in him. It's at the point I don't think his parents want anything to do with him at this moment. I pretty sure whatever is going on between him and her is just a distraction on how he really feels for me. We obviously have a ton of history together and don't think that what we have is completely done or over. I don't think your ex and this new girl will last very long either. At the end of the day the grass isn't always greener on the other side and once the novelty of having something new is done then things shortly afterwards will start falling apart. In the meantime you need to realize this has nothing to do with you but a complete act of selfishness on both their parts. I believe everything happens for a reason and you will eventually start to understand things in a much better way. When one door closes another one opens. Walk through the open door and don't look back.

What Guys Said 2

• Obviously between the three you are the only sane person. The girl sounds like she has major issues, and your ex is dumb to still go for her. Trust me, you have nothing to be jealous about or think of. It's only natural that birds of a feather end up together. They are both sick; don't let them make you sick as well. Move on to someone who has better understanding

• You can date me :3

What Girls Said 4

• This is very similar to my first experience with heartbreak from my first true love. I met him when I was very young, 12 to be exact.. He was 14 and a freshman. We were friends for a good while (7-8 months) before we got comfortable flirting and eventually started "talking" anyway that went on for a year and we became official when I finished 8th grade and he finished soph year.. we were supposed to go to the same high school, he was going to transfer to go to school with me, and he did but somewhere I got in trouble and my parents wanted me to go to a "private school" so I couldnt go after all. He had already transferred his transcripts so he was set to go so he still went without me and it sucked.. needless to say some slutty girl from my group of "friends" saw it as an opportunity to get closer to him since we had many mutual friends and I wasn't around tho I was still his girlfriend. I always knew she had a thing for football players and he was always a football player since 9th grade. Anyhow, as you [robably guessed, we had some bumps in the road unfortunately, and a lot of ups and downs it was hard being together although we tried our hardest for 2 1/2 years things just didn't work out we even went to his prom together and he also got a tattoo of my name over his heart to prove his love.. despite all and much to my surprise I find out through the grapevine that this bitch who was once close to me was his new girl I was so devastated. It would have sucked to hear about him move on regardless because he was my first love I really loved him so much but it really stung that he went for this girl, who I knew. And he knew was one of my close friends previously! the nerve!! I wanted to strangle her I was pissed! for a few months I obsessed over the situation went over all the what-ifs and beat myself up over what was wrong with me I know she was pretty but I also know she wasn't very smart or as funny as me and their good times couldn't match the times me and him shared. I kept my composure over her and upgraded to bigger and better guys over time. It was a shitty experience but it taught me a lot. Honestly I don't regret meeting him because that break up made me grow a lot as a person. Also I realized that I was great and he was the idiot and dog to do that shamelessly over some ass! Upgrading felt really really good! And that girl ended up dumping him. He tried contacting me some time later but I blocked his ass.. I knew tho I did love him he wasn't worth my time

• Fuck em both. There are better men out there! Find one and marry them fast so they are stuck with you! And if by any chance they want to leave you, take everything they have. Good luck!!!

• I don't think you read the question, because this was about 3 women lol

• Yeah I've been there too
    Stop looking at her on social media and distract yourself if she crosses your mind
    She clearly has issues and you sound like a cool girl with a much brighter future

• First of all, I am curious how old you are and your ex boyfriend. Do you think she was trying to get close to you to get closer to your boyfriend? And it's hard to say why he left you for her... I meen... did you put out... suck his dick... compliment him... be fun... kinky. .. etc... There could be so many reasons. I dont know you, so its hard to tell. He may have went to her because he thought she was a slut. Some guys like easy chick's. Lol untill they get cheated on. If he left you for her... you should be happy and thank him, because a good man cannot be stolen. Best of luck. There's a good guy out there for you. Be patient :)