Fiance left me for his middle-school ex-girlfriend... how do I move on? Should I move on?

My fiancé (who recently proposed about 4 months ago) left me two weeks ago after 5 years together and over 13 years of friendship. It was a split-second decision made during a normal discussion where he decided it just wasn’t working out and our issues simply wouldn’t go away. He claims that we have too many family-issues (both families do not get along or communicate) and that I became too controlling and nagging. (Something he never complained or mentioned). After the breakup, I begged and begged and prodded asking why; giving him solutions…promising that we could work things out. To every single thing I suggested he simply repeated himself stating that he had made his decision and it was final. Then he became very angry and hostile and irate threatening that if I didn’t drop the relationship topic he would block me and stop speaking to me that he just wanted to be friends. He asked me for space and time. However, I, and everyone around me, felt there was something wrong. So, naturally, I began to poke and prod. Finally, I found out he has been speaking to his ex (from middle school) for at least a minimum of 2 months. When I confronted him about it he laughed in my face and told me to get a life, and when I accused him of cheating on me he just blocked my number and we haven’t spoken for about a week now. His family doesn’t know what to tell me. I never suspected anything as I have always been too trusting…he claims to have told his mother that they are simply friends and NOW that he and I are no longer together is when they are talking the most. I think it is so hurtful that they have even added each other on social media and are no longer hiding the fact that they reconnected. I can’t understand how someone can treat someone as badly as he has treated me after this breakup (I feel insignificant) and move on so quickly. What do I do? I love this man so much and I never thought he would ever do this to me. I can’t sleep, eat, I feel

22

Most Helpful Girl

• I am sorry. boyfriend said when he was down the worst, his fiance did the same thing. After 3 years, I saw her photos with her new boyfriend. She is happy. So, I think you just have to accept they reconnected and are happy. What hurts the most is that you are not part of that happiness.

It is ok because in time you will find someone better. My boyfriend comments to everyone that I am fantastic and awesome. I really am a great catch so in time, you will find someone that love you more and treat you well.

What Guys Said 2

• I'm so sorry for what happened to you. To be painfully honest, you're better off without him. It's better it happened before you got married than after, even though I know it hurts a lot. What you're going though is totally normal. How he can even live with himself is beyond me. Just never understood how some guys can act like that.

• Asshole boyfriend and perfect girlfriend...😐

What Girls Said 1

• Pretend that he's died. It makes the grieving process a lot easier.