Guys, My ex hasn't changed his relationship status?

My boyfriend and I dated for over 6 years. Recently, he told me that he felt suffocated and we broke up. He kept me wondering for about a week because he never would say that we broke up. Actually, to this day, he still won't say that we are broken up. He texted me about a week ago and asked me to come get my things out of his house. I asked him of we were officially broke up and he saidb"idk". I saw him two days later and asked if we could work this out and he said no that he wasn't happy. But he said "we might even get back together one day, I'm not saying me won't. I just can't right now." That same evening he asked if i wanted to have dinner with him and a mutual friend so i did. What does this mean? I haven't spoken to him since that day, which was 1 week ago. He did ask for my house key back that day either and he hasn't changed his fb status either? I have suspicion that he is seeing his ex before me because he tried to break up with me for her about 4 years ago but he decided not to and I caught him texting her about 2 years ago. She has always been a problem for us. I definitely need some advice.

2

What Guys Said 2

• I think you should give him his key back and tell him we are officially broke up. At least you will be in control. You don't want to be in limbo. About his ex, I think you are correct. I think he just wants you as a backup plan. You don't want to be seconds.

• I say not to break up as long as you love him. Maybe he wants to take a break. That's what he us trying to say to you as well. He said that "maybe one day we will get back together" or something... So which means he will bet back to you soon.
    Till then you try to fix your problems... Find a new side of yourself..