How to get trust back after a failed relationship?

My ex broke up with me 3 weeks ago. I have not been in contact with him for 10 days but have heard through some friends that him and his best friend believe I've been making up fake okcupid accounts to find out what he is up to. This is a lie. The last time we spoke via text he said he does think it was me but hoping is was not. He said this same person messaged his best friend as well. I did not lie and have been working on myself to become the best I can be. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss him but the person I thought I loved accusing me of being a liar breaks me heart a little bit more. Some background information is when we're first official he invited a girl over via text but nothing ever came from it. I later found out and he was begging me to forgive him. I become entirely self conscious over every text he received that I went through his phone once. This not something I am proud of and know I invaded his privacy. I've since apologized but while breaking up with me he was not only telling me he loves me but was crying. I've continued to work on myself but thoughts always linger back to him. He told me I really hurt him. He said he needs space and when we spend time together it will only be as friends for now. He can't promise anything else. We are going back to school together in less than a month and don't want to lose him forever. What is going on here?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• you have to leave the past in the past.

0|0
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Girls Said 1

• You can't all trust is broken loose

0|0
    0|0