Does my ex still have feelings for me? Or is he just playing me?

After going into no contact with my ex for a month, I texted him to see if he wanted to meet up and so we did. The meet began with some small talk that eventually led to why we grew apart. He said it was because he thought he was doing all of the work in the relationship and it felt one-sided for the most part. After some apologies on both ends, I told him I was open to trying again and he replied with "Only time will tell."
After that conversation everything seemed fun and normal again. He was calling me old nicknames and bringing up inside jokes and memories. He made some playful physical contact every so often and we ended up flirting too. I was impersonating a girl we knew with big boobs and he tried stuffing my shirt with napkins to "help me out" haha. The night ended with a prolonged hug, followed immediately by another long hug.
That being said, I'm confused about his intentions. I would say he is a typically flirty guy to begin with, but is he still into me? How can I tell the difference between genuine interest and if he's just playing me for sport?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• he's playing you.

What Guys Said 1

• the true love can be easily said experience the hug you will understand

What Girls Said 1

• You can't. My ex is the same, even though he's with someone new. Sometimes they just like the security of knowing you're there to fall back on. Keep your distance, disregard any flirty comments. If he really wants you back, the idea that you're not playing ball will soon have him asking. And if he doesn't? Then you know he doesn't want it.