If you want to end an unhealthy relationship and you email the person (because you know they are controlling) and they read it a lot but don't reply?

I want to know why they aren't replying

• The person is hurt and angry but cares because they continuously read the email
  • The person is disinterested

23

Most Helpful Guy

• u can't tell unless they mention y they don't reply.
    it might b either they don't know how 2 respond... or they r just hurt/mad, atm at least

so best move would b sendin anothr message "y don't u reply?"

What Guys Said 2

• The more frightening problem is that you are waiting to speak to someone that you don't want to speak to anymore. You're in a bad mental spot when "goodbye" has a totally different meaning.

• I sent the mail out of anger and hurt because I didn't know how to say goodbye to someone who had controlled me for years. I am human and so I do miss the idiot and still a part of me wants to know that he cares.

• I'm confused about your question, did you send the email or are you the one reading it. If you sent it, how do you he's reading it a lot?

• I was wondering the same thing.

• It was in a conversation bubble and so it notifies me when the person has read it. Didn't even know this existed but because I never use the function, I didn't realise.

• Okay... so it shows you that he read it, how do you know he reads a lot?

What Girls Said 2

• They're hurt, for sure. They're probably not replying because there isn't anything to say.

• I haven't voted because it really depends on the person. At the end of the day, you say the relationship is unhealthy and you know they've read your goodbye so that should be the end of it. Don't waste your time and energy trying to analyse because you'll probably never know. Try to forget them, move on and find someone who isn't bad for you.

• It does however my confusion comes in where I keep getting notifications for some odd reason and yet there is no response. I made the decision to move away but like I said in a prior post, I am human and I want to understand and know there is a good side to this idiot. The fact that he isn't responding shows me that he doesn't care but the fact that he reads it so much shows me he does. Thank God for whatever thing this is on my email.