How to break up by texting? What should I say?

I can't do it face to face bc we live away from each other now

33

Most Helpful Guy

• It might sound cold, but if you are absolutely sure that you want to break up with him, then just flat out tell him so - even if it is by text. The worst thing people do when breaking up with another is trying to do it "nicely". This leaves the other person a thought that there "may still be a chance". If you are Sure you are through with him, then tell him so in a way that won't have him texting you back a month from now, wanting to know if you have changed your mind. Trust me, if you do it this way, he WILL be hurt and angry, but he WILL get over it and move on sooner than he would if he thought there was still a chance the 2 of you could still be together.

What Guys Said 2

• Ooooo... that's a harsh thing to do. If you have to, at least make it meaningful and give a good, long explanation of why you're doing it. It's going to hurt, though.

• Phone call at the very least..
    text is cruel

What Girls Said 3

• break up by texting is really bad. It's like you don't even care about the person at all if you break up through texting. I can't think of any suggestions since the notion of breaking up through texting is low and you can't make it better or sincere at all if it's from texting in the first place. If you guys have a long-distance relationship and there's not way you could visit him, than I suggest through a phone call instead. But don't ever break up through texting. If the boyfriend/girlfriend is abusive and you're afraid, than you could just do it through calling

• Do it face to face, breaking up by text is scummy

• I can't do it face to face bc we live away from each other now

• Don't! You have to do it in person... You don't want to be remembered as a coward... And being dumped by text is so painful and disrespectful - it happens to me once.

• I can't do if face to face bc we live away from each other now

• Would it be a possibility for you to visit him for a day?

• No I can't at all