Is inability to communicate good enough reason to break up?

It's about my ex, we broke up 4 months ago. We were together for 2 years and it was great, but I realized that it was great because it was a long honey moon phase. And I was so in love that I didn't notice that he has an issue with talking about things, verbaly expressing himself. Whenever we get into an argument he would say he doesn't want to talk about it, he would shut down and go play video games. And I'm not that kind of person, I hate leaving it for tomorrow, I like discussing about it right away and fixing a problem right away. He just says we can talk tomorrow about it. And it was like that with everything. We agreed to always tell each other if something is wrong or if there is a problem and he always says ye of course, but then when there is a problem (that I'm not aware of) he wouldn't point it out, he would just keep it to himself, ignore me, be rude to me, until I drag what is wrong from his mouth. He would say it like a week later "well you did this and that, and that hurt me". Whenever I asked him if everything is alright he would say that everything is great. So I couldn't trust him anymore and I became a bit needy and stressful. I started not keeping up with his immature bullshit. I didn't want to break up but I considered about it many times. He promised many times that he is gonna talk from now but then he does it again. I guess I was just waiting for him to change. Then finally he broke up with me. He said he is aware that he has a communication issue and that he feels the best by himself. He is very antisocial person. He said he wants to be alone. I still believe that this is something that can be worked on, fixed. And before you judge me, he wasn't an aweful person. I loved him and he was good to me. And these things didn't happen all the time, it was more good things. If only he talked to me, this could've been avoided...

25

Most Helpful Guy

• And to disagree with what everyone else said... Some people just have a problem opening up to other people, especially ones they care about. It took me about 2 years to finally start actually "talking" to mu future wife. But that is Obviously something that must be really difficult for anyone to have to go through - I do Not disagree with the prior comments saying that trust is built on communication (to reword what they were saying). But - like I said, some people just are not able, or need a considerable amount of time to get to the point when they can. Ultimately it is up to you to decide whether you are willing to wait to see if he eventually does open up for you or not. Wish you the best.

What Guys Said 4

• *nods* I've been there. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound in this case like he wants to change. Maybe he can't change. It may just be the way he is. We all have quirks. I'm sorry for what happened to you, though.

• Yes good communication is must in any relationship that i do agree
    without communication than things can happen or sometimes things
    zip by without one even knowing ,,

• I find it a decent reason. Communication is very important and vital part of a relationship. I find it as important as trust.

• Sounds familier

What Girls Said 2

• I'd say it's reasonable

• It's the reason I'm about to get a divorce so yeah he want talk to me about anything but can some how talk to other women about any old bs so yeah communication matters a lot