What does this mean?

I dated this guy 6 months ago, he cheated on me with his ex and that's how it ended. To say that I was upset is a huge understatement, but there was nothing much i could do. When we were together we used to listen to Sinatra playing as we would eat dinner, we would often get up and dance... that was his favorite singer.
I contacted him recently for the first time since this whole thing went down, but with nothing to do with the relationship stuff, it was just personal bs that didn't require conversation or anything. He responded back answering my text, and then few minutes later he texted again saying that he often listens to cd's I gave him, and that every time he listens to this one song by Sinatra he thinks of me. I told him that i never heard the song but thanks. I went on line and watched the video, and these arethe lyrics. Why would he even go there? What does/did he want to accomplish with this if he's so happy with her? Needless to say is that it just put salt on the wound that really never fully healed.
It's the last dance
We've come to the last dance
They're dimming the lights down
They're hoping we'll go
It's obvious
They're aware of us
The pair of us
Alone on the floor
Still I want
To hold you
Like this forever
And more
It the last song
They're playing the last song
The orchestra's yawning
They're sleepy I know
They're wondering
Just when will we leave
But till we leave
Keep holding me tight
Through the last dance
Each beat of the last dance
And save me the first dance
In your dreams tonight.

Funny- i saw him with her last night...

21

Most Helpful Guy

• Ouch. Sounds manipulative to me. You're better off where you are now.

• Yeah, I didn't really go back and forth after that because it honestly confused me. All I know is that I'd hate to be that woman right now. He shouldn't be thinking of me, or anyone else for that matter, when he hears any song.

• I don't blame you. It confused me, too. I think he's in a rebound relationship and it won't last. You'll hear from him again when that train crashes.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• It means that the girl he probably cheated on you with didn't work. Karma probably bit him in the ass. THIS doesn't MEAN YOU SHOULD RUN BACK TO HIM. do not let him use your feelings like this.

• They're still together! But trust me when I tell you, I would never go back for the simple fear of him doing this again. I couldn't go through this again.

• Well obviously he is unfaithful and I would just curve him to the side

• He cheated on you with his ex... It's so hard to trust someone again after what he did to you... It happened to me too - I thought I could forget and forgive, but I never did. Whatever he has in mind now... you deserve way better. Hugs.

• Oh yes! He broke up with her few months before he started dating me. Never told me he was in touch with her until she called the hotel room whete he and I stayed. It was awful. She's been in his life for YEARS- as much as I understand he cheated on his ex-wife with this woman. Best part is that he's quite a bit older than me- he's 65 now, and just because of that I thought he'd never do something like this- boy was I wrong! This one REALLY did me in.

• It's very sad. Some people never grow up. Some people have no respect for others and act following their convenience without thinking of the consequences on others (I am talking for him and her). Some people have no shame. Consider yourself VERY lucky. There is something SO wrong with him, save yourself a lot of pain - you deserve MUCH better.