My ex and I broke up nearly 3 months ago. It dragged out a bit but he wanted to stay friends and part of me always thought we'd end up back together. We have always texted every day and still do sometimes for hours at a time.
He told me this week he was with someone new who he really really likes (which broke my heart) but I did the usual 'that's nice for you' thing. Apparently he needed to tell me as he wanted to prove that he can treat a woman nicely (he wasn't that nice to me when we were together).
Anyway, I'm meeting him tomorrow and although I said just a quick drink he wants to take me out for the day to somewhere I always said I wanted to go. I'm planning on this being the last time I see him now and feel like I need to do it to say goodbye but I know it's going to be harrowing for me. Any tips on how to not completely mess myself up and how to act?
Most Helpful Guy
I would guess that he wants something different to come from this meeting but you are right to make this your goodbye. So far, you really haven't broken up and that has probably not been good for you.
1. Make sure that you dress in a proper fashion and not at all seductive or alluring.
2. Meet him in a public place and do not leave that public place to go anywhere with him.
3. You should have an agenda for what you want to say and you should practice it a few times before the meeting.
4. Don't let him set the agenda for what you discuss.
5. If you order a drink, it should be non-alcoholic, because alcohol will weaken your resolve.
6. The meeting should occur during the day because there are lower expectations of romantic developments in daytime meetings.
7. If you have any doubt about your resolve, tell a friend what you are doing and when you are meeting. If you want the meeting to last only 15 minutes, have a pre-designated time for the friend to call you so that you will be interrupted and reminded that you want to keep it brief.
8. The meeting should occur somewhere that is well lit instead of subdued lighting.
9. Make an index card that briefly lists the awful things he did to you and review it right before you meet him.
10. Remember that if he is looking for something more from you, he is cheating on his current girlfriend; if you go back to him, he will eventually cheat on you, also.0