Breaking off my engagement?

How do you break off an engagement with a guy?
I want to break thing off but am terrible with break ups.
The man loves me but the feeling just isent mutual
And im way more mature then him
And he has absouloutley no idea how to have sex with a woman
No matter how much you teach/tell him we haven't had sex since he moved in
I just dont think its fair to either of us to on like this

So how do i break my engagement off?

47

Most Helpful Guy

• Buy 10 cats out of nowhere and start wearing crazy cat lady sweaters. You won't have to worry about breaking it off; he'll go running for the hills himself.

But realistically just be honest. Maybe sugarcoat the sex thing unless you really don't like him. As soon as you tell a man that friendship kind of goes out the window. Just do the casual "I don't think this is working, I'm sorry, it's not you it's me" or something. Regardless he'll get the picture.

What Guys Said 6

• Yeah, it's going to be tough since you accepted his proposal but you have to be brutally honest with him. It will only make to worse to not say anything and live miserable and eventually get divorced.

• It's best to just tell him how you feel. There's never an easy way to do it. But the truth, as much as it may hurt, is better than a lie.

• I can tell you how NOT to do it.

Don't spend time with the guy but act all distant and not communicate with him and keep out or arm's reach so he can't touch you until he asks what is wrong and give a bullshit reason "it just doesn't feel the same anymore" when actually you mean "I've found a new guy I've been dating behind your back but it's not cheating because I haven't slept with him yet but I need to break up with you".

• I don't understand him not knowing how to have sex with a woman even after you taught him?

• Just tell him it isn't right for you at this time.

• So... how the HELL did you end up ENGAGED to him?

• She appears to have some issues with rejection and confrontation. My guess is that he proposed and she didn't know how to say "no".

• I wanted to give him a chance he wanted to be with me so bad so I figured it couldn't hurt to give him a chance.
      I had no idea he wanted to leap straight into marriage. And with a room full of people staring at me when he popped the question and those puppy dog eyes staring up at me I kinda felt like my hands were tied.

• Ok, but obviously quite a length of time had to go by first, right? You had to see signs before then!

What Girls Said 4

• Sit him down, face to face, @Callie37, and lay the truth on the love line. Tell him you are Not ready to be Engaged at this time, nor do you believe, Honestly, you are Ready neither for a Real relationship.
    This willl end the madness and will keep you from going on, knowing you Know the whole truth. He may be upset but at least you put this sticky situation to bed before You... Wed.
    Good luck. xx

• Just be honest and straightforward. Apologize for letting it go on that long.
    Say he's a good guy, you're just not compatible chemistry wise.. It sounds less harsh.

• See article on why people shouldn't marry under 25 on the featured my takes.

• tell him how you feel.