Should your boyfriend back you up when his friends are openly rude to you?

I was recently dumped by my boyfriend following a weekend where I met his group of college friends, he's now 25. One of his female friends was ridiculously rude to me all night and deliberately excluded me from the group. When i asked my boyfriend to confront her he initially said he would but then broke up with me instead.

• He should side with you?
  • He should side with his friend?
I don't imagine i could have been any nicer to the girl, we were staying at her house, having a barbecue and I complimented her house and tried very hard to talk to everyone but she immediately shut me down, pointed out that I "must feel very intimated" since they've known each other for such a long time and it is "very early days for me and him" ( 8 months) they are going away on a trip together (I wasn't invited) and the barbecue was meant to relieve my concerns

37

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 6

• I would lol. I think he should, especially if its uncalled for. wow he broke up with you though? there must have been some shit going on.

• He should've sided with you and confronted his friend instead. Why would he break up with you after she was rude to you?

• He's an idiot. Consider yourself lucky that you got rid of him already. Not that someone has to prioritize girlfriend over friends, but if one is deliberately attacking the other for no reason, he should side with the one who's being attacked, not with the aggressor.

• That's so wrong I'm not even sure where to begin.

• Of course he should side with you!!! He is a jerk... and a pus** if he can't defend you...
    Its good that you dumped him...

• That's a dick move and that girl should have left she's not allowed to talk to u like that there's a 4 letter word for people like her

What Girls Said 3

• You are Very Lucky here, dear that 'I was dumped by my boyfriend.' I find he is the cocky rooster who also made you look like you had egg all over your face like the not so fine Feathered... Female friend.
    She may have had her own hand in you both breaking it off. Behind your back, this slick chick may have been still talking dirty about you and rather than sit her down and put her in her place, he Sided in with this Other who he turned out to Be... No better.
    Good luck and Good riddance to him. xx

• Thank you :)

• So welcome... I just saw this and Hd t interject.. move on, he is not worth it.. they belong together like two birds of afeather. xx

• He should absolutely stand up to you if his friends are being rude to you. My man stands up for me if anyone, including his friends is being rude or inconsiderate to me. If he didn't I would be highly disappointed.

• That girl is jealous of you. And he is a jerk.