My ex boyfriend told me he loved me two nights ago. Why is he now acting distant?

My ex boyfriend of a year ago, just told me that he loved me 2 nights ago. We have been broken up for almost a year. He has not dated anyone since then. We have talked on and off, more on since then. We have a had a couple of bumps in the road also. He does not trust many people. I told him that I felt the same way. He has been a little distant since telling me he loved me...what does this mean? Please, a guys opinion would be helpful!

well the latest is that we spent some time together over the weekend. It was very comfortable and fun. He is still keeping his distance a little, but I suppose I am too. We discussed that netiher of us were ready to date yet

21

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't believe he's playing you. Has he been hurt in the past?

Give it some more time, be sweet to him.

It just may pay off big!

Ted

• Yeah I hope you are right. I knew he cared but was surpised that he told me. So I told him that I felt the same way last night. I just don't want to screw things up with him..we have been through a lot together. He also has big trust issues..

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• It takes a lot of "balls" so to speak for a guy to tell a woman that he was previously in a relationship that he loves her. If he said it he meant it. It is sincere. I would see where this road goes for sure because he sounds like a keeper to me!

• Well he hasn't said he loved me since the other night. He has contacted me though. I just don't want to be played..you know..i mean he could be just testing the waters.

• Guys don't test the waters emotionally. If he only wanted to test the waters he would have said something less I'm sure.

• It sounds like he likes you and might want you back?