Nice way to brake up with a guy?

Me and my boyfriend have been together alongggg time and I'm inlove with him and he's inlove with me but recently we had sex (lost my virginty) the thing is my parents hate him and forbade me to be with him. And they always told me if I were to ever lose it and keep it from them they would never forgive me. I feel so guilty about I'm 17 and I just feel so bad like I don't want to brake up with him but I just need time to think about everything like I'm just stressed and sad and I feel like this is what I need to do but I don't know how to say it to him.

56

Most Helpful Girl

• ... Have been together alongggg time and I' in love...
    Now that the cat is out of the bag, you're 17, you took the risk and Knew the Consequences when You... Lost my virginity. Now that mom and dad have had their hand in this relationship with someone you have had for More than a Month of Mondays, you want To... Brake up with the guy?
    No more pussyfooting around. You will end up being very sorry if you say anything here, dear. This is just the Beginning of more Beguines that they will Feel they have Over you by Controlling your life and giving you strife even after you are of age.
    If you let them win now, for soon you are going to be this young adult, then they will always think they have a carrot over your nose and rule the roost.
    Think carefully before you take the plunge to 'Feel like this is what i need to do.' This is the start of something special that He and You have worked hard to Nurse and Nurture so don't let Guilt and your parents stand in your way of Happiness with a potential husband.
    They may Try and hold their own whip over your head but if you stand your ground and give them a few rules of your own, they will either have to bend or it may have to End it for awhile and let them stew in their own juices.
    If they love you, they will calm down and see it your way that Love... Got in the way.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 6

• I don't really is a 'nice way' to dump someone... It is in itself a pretty shitty procedure to have to go through.

• Well if your going to break up with him don't put that on your parents, my girl's parents HATED me. (We were not even able to see each other for 6 months at one point, and I was never allowed to touch her, although I did anyway.) But she stuck it out because we loved eachother.
    It's fine if you break up with him, just make sure that you realize why you actually want to break up with him. You are only 17 and there is absolutley no reason to feel obligated to stay with him.

• dont break, not brake, up with him!!!
    Keep dating him but dont tell your parents about your love life, they dont need to know!

• Tell him you got fresh boyfriend.

• why would you wanna break up?

• So, you're breaking up because of your parents?

• Yess they are super strict last time I stayed with him behind there backs they took my phone and I wasn't allowed to leave the house.

• Geez... so sad that you have to hurt him because of your parents. If a girl did that to me, I would probably never speak to her again...

• You love him... just aslong as you don't get your phone taken from you :'( true love :'( :'(

What Girls Said 4

• Unless you are willing to give up your family for your boyfriend, you are pretty much going to have to break it off with your boyfriend. He no doubt is aware that your parents dislike/hatred of him, he already knows he is on Whaley ground with them; it isn't going to be a huge revelation to him why you're breaking things off with him.

If it makes things any easier for you place the major blame for breaking up as pressure from your parents to do so. Breaking up with him isn't going to be easy, you will be hurt, he will probably be hurt as well, there may be anger and harsh words of blame or attacking you, unfortunately you're in the middle of it. Funny thing is that your parents probably made this relationship last longer and more things happened as a result of their pressure not to date this guy where it might have been a short dating relationship if they hadn't. I've seen this same thing happen with one of my girlfriends getting involved with a Bad Boy her parents hated. It's going to be better for all if you break things off with him quickly and clean, it's going to hurt there's no way around that. Make a clean break, try not to have anything to do with him if at all possible.

Now with the virginity thing, unless your parents specifically ask, don't mention it. They might already either know or have a hunch about it. Telling them right now is just going to add fuel to the fire. The whole reason your parents have done this is they want to protect their "Little Girl" from users. They're showing you love by trying to protect you from getting hurt like this. Wait a while until things have cooled down where you can talk about it without getting all emotional. Then if you choose to tell your Mom about losing your virginity tell her about it when you feel the timing is right for you. Just be honest when you tell her. Sorry

• Talk to him and be honest, that's the best you can do. That and never give false hope, that's a cruel thing to do. If it's never going to work out then say that, don't leave the boy hanging.

Also, try and remember that he has just lost his virginity to you, he may take it pretty hard.

Oh, and your parents sound like asshole, sorry...

• Just tell him the truth.

"My mommy said no"

• tell him you need some time to yourself.

• Everyone knows that's a bs excuse.
      Almost as cruel as disappearing completely