Caught my boyfriend texting other girls?

he was texting the girls to hang out/ telling them they look good
I've been with him for seven years, I'm very close with his family. but he also has a drinking and anger issue. I had to finally cut the cord and now I feel lost and scared because I know the dating world is hard these days

78

Most Helpful Girl

• Not acceptable!!

My ex did the same... He was texting at ALL times. Lots of girls. Seriously. He always said it was innocent. But some of these girls were obviously hitting on him... and he seemed not to get it!!! Or he pretended to be clueless... I don't know.
    There was one in particular. She used to call or text him often, sometimes late at night and on the weekend. Apparently she always had a major drama to solve - and of course being the nice guy he could not refuse helping her. She also always asked about me, never using my name, but always referring to me in a "not so polite" way in my opinion. I let him know that I was uncomfortable with it and sometime I gave him hard times about it. This excessive texting/calling had to stop. One day he deleted all her texts from his phone! Not sure why, perhaps he really decide to put an end to it, I thought, or perhaps she passed the line and he erased all proofs not to get caught? Most likely the last option, since a few months later he broke up with me saying that we were incompatible, and bla bla bla. But they real deal was a new coworker - he dumped me for her. Of course he never told me she joined his office a few week before. What a liar.

• Gosh... men can be such stupid insensitive jerks!

I'm sorry u had to go through that.

What Guys Said 8

• The boyfriend has a right to have friends who are girls and text them or whatnot. If he is doing explicit stuff or getting a little too "friendly" with them, I'd talk to him about it. Otherwise, I'd give him some freedom.

If you are really worried about it, you can always ask him about it. Just make sure you don't come off as possessive/clingy when you do.

• I'm sorry for what happened to you. But you really are better off. I know you'll do fine in the dating world. :)

• texting other girls? am I supposed to assume he was flirting? or just asking about work? or what?

• there´s nothing wrong with telling other people that they look good. why is he not allowed to have friends? xD

• leave him. You can do better

• Were they explicit texts or was he just talking to friends that happen to be girls?

• In what context? Friends? Coworker? Girl on the side?

• They could have been his friends you know.

What Girls Said 6

• Pushing many buttons on his own end, @Loveme1222, this is telling me from where I am sitting and should be Telling you as well, he may Not be Not be Ready to be in a Real relationship or else he would Not Need to Be... Talking to others.
    This I am quite sure is pushing a few buttons with you where you are standing. And No matter what it is, good or bad, or even Innocent, he has their Numbers in his List of Contacts for some reason.
    Time to end the madness and sit him down and have a serious convo. Get to the bottom of this or he will just Continue Pushing All buttons on All ends.
    Good luck. xx

• I can't argue with u on this one. I have guy friends, but i will never give them my number because that's too personal. I only talk to them on gaming sites, shortly in person, in church, or even here on GAG. The only guys that have my number is my boyfriend, my relatives, my old college teachers and unfortunately my ex, but only because my number hasn't changed.
      Other than that, my guy frnds are not getting my number cuz that's too close to home for me.

• Put your foot down, @Loveme1222 and maybe one up his butt... I do not see where it is necessary to have their numbers so keep a close watch on the hot pot. xx

• Well I'm glad you eliminated him. It will be a very rough couple of months probably to come out of darkness. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. Keep your head up high and hang in there.

• Thanks for the information.

• what did the text like?
    If it was lovey dovey then he is cheating on you. as soon he will fall for another girl
    if it was normal than don’t worry about it because it means nothing.

• It is not good my friend.

• what were the texts?