Why do people cheat and causes them to cheat?

After being with someone for years why people cheat and not just break up with the person?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• People cheat because they haven't found the ones they're truly attracted to--as in, they never truly loved the person. If you find yourself falling for a second person after already loving someone, then you might end up choosing the second person because you didn't love the first person to begin with. If not that, then its a matter of never really wanting a true relationship with someone and just messing around. Or, you could be trying to see which person you love most if its "difficult" to decide between two people that you love, and you might not know who to leave if you can't make up your mind. If you don't like someone, then you have full rights to leave them. Cheating doesn't really solve this issue and if you are afraid of hurting someone by breaking up with them, either give them a chance and you might find you love them, or tell them how you feel. Cheating is a result of many things, and its different for individual people.

What Guys Said 2

• If you figure the answer to that one out, don't keep it to yourself. I've never cheated, but I've been cheated on.

• Selfishness. That's really all there is to it.

What Girls Said 2

• I asked one of my best guy friends this a long time ago. He's known to be a playboy. And he told me all throughout elementary school he was picked on mostly by girls as fat/ugly. Middle school his first girlfriend cheated on him. And ever since puberty kicked in he became really hot. So he takes advantage and messes around with girls whether they're in relationships or not. He says it feels like revenge, and he gets a thrill out of it too.

• My dad cheated on my mom a few times when they were engaged. He said he was scared of commitment, and thought he was too young to let all those years go to waste. Not sure why my mom stayed with him...

• they want the best of both worlds.