Sexting his ex, so I broke it off. Good choice?

He pushed for the relationship, then acted hot and cold. We talked about him wanting other things, and so I said that was fine, and we didn't have to pursue a relationship. Then, he decided that he wanted to be with me, and I told him that I expected it to be exclusive if that was his decision. He agreed. We made plans to go to a music festival, and I met him there. Thats when I saw that he was still sexting his ex. I told him what I saw and told him to leave. I said I can't be in a relationship with someone I can't trust. He told me, that she was the love of his life, and that those things dont just go away quickly. So, I said fine, go be with the love of your life and leave me to find mine. He came by my camp site the next day, but didn't say anything. With a big smile on his face he just sat there and watched me take my stuff down and get ready to drive home. Gave me a high five and left without saying good bye. Still haven't heard from him. .. While we were at the festival he was introducing me to all his friends, and telling everyone I was his partner, so I'm super confused. Am I doing the right thing by moving on so quickly? Should I have given him another chance?

57

Most Helpful Girl

• No, you definitely did the right thing. No regrets. Ok, say i ended up being with a guy i liked, would i be sexting my ex? No. Simple as that. Move on, you know what you want, a very, very good quality. I'm super impressed! I hope you meet Mr right soon :D

What Guys Said 7

• No don't give him another chance, the guy is a fucking loser to do that bullshit to you. From what I can tell you're a nice person and didn't deserve that. The guy is an idiot, he has such a gorgeous woman next to him and he's sexting some uglier girl.

The guy is beneath you, move on and find someone better.

• Wow, no! You did the right thing. He still doesn't know what he wants and is still connected to his ex. Those feelings for him may never go away and that will lead to constant problems. I think you are dodging a bullet here!

• He's clearly in another place. If he's not over his ex he's certainly not in a place to start something with you.

Before you can put new pants on you have to take the old ones off. Otherwise it's just going to be uncomfortable.

You are drop dead gorgeous though so I'm sure you will have plenty of better options. I'd be srxting you instead. :-)

• Yup. That's cheating in my opinion. Pretty sure he would do the same if the situation was reversed.

• Too right u right. That is as bad as cheating because he's saying everything he wants to do with her and nit giving your feelings a though.

• good choice

• Dont give be yourself he lost you he is unlucky i wish to have a sexting friend like you

What Girls Said 4

• Of course you did the right thing! He disrespected the relationship and you. You made a very wise decision.

• Don't be super confused. Actions speak louder than words. By you saying you are confused, you are possibly choosing to remain in denial instead of dealing with rejection. You deserve better. He is not better.

• You did the right thing. Don't overthink it now.

• Cheaters have no respect for you. Don't let him eff you over again