Anyone ever date someone with borderline personality disorder? Is this article pretty accurate about what it was like?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• I had a girlfriend with BPD and I didn't experience the "stages" described in that article. I recognized maybe 40% of what it talked about. I'm sure there are some relationships with a Borderline which would work out like that, but of course there's a lot of variation among different people dealing with BPD.

Good luck. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I have borderline personality disorder. It's not the reason why I'm bad at dating though. I can handle my disorder, but family experiences have made it hard for me to date.

• I'm also not the clingy type either. I'm a contradiction. I'm an introvert, but mainly an extrovert. I have major anxiety so sometimes I need a little space from people or else I get overwhelmed. I'm nothing like what this article states. I'm really not. Everyone with BPD is different. I have my problems, but I'm not like what the article describes. I think all of my other problems put BPD on the backburner. Having BPD is the least of my worries and is not what affects my dating life.