Anyone ever date someone with borderline personality disorder? Is this article pretty accurate about what it was like?

33

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it is.

What Guys Said 3

• I had a girlfriend with BPD and I didn't experience the "stages" described in that article. I recognized maybe 40% of what it talked about. I'm sure there are some relationships with a Borderline which would work out like that, but of course there's a lot of variation among different people dealing with BPD.

Good luck. :)

• i don't know, it also quite meets the story of the boyfriend cheats on the girlfriend and ditches her away and making her lost her mind. i don't really have a thing for this kind of article, too many subjective emotional words, generalized most of the elements between men and women, just like writing a screenplay with his knowlledge , i can't really image there's a normal human in psychiatrist's eye.

• My last ex girlfriend had Borderline Personality disorder so yes it reminds me
    lot of what she was like

What Girls Said 2

• I have borderline personality disorder. It's not the reason why I'm bad at dating though. I can handle my disorder, but family experiences have made it hard for me to date.

• I'm also not the clingy type either. I'm a contradiction. I'm an introvert, but mainly an extrovert. I have major anxiety so sometimes I need a little space from people or else I get overwhelmed. I'm nothing like what this article states. I'm really not. Everyone with BPD is different. I have my problems, but I'm not like what the article describes. I think all of my other problems put BPD on the backburner. Having BPD is the least of my worries and is not what affects my dating life.

• My last ex had BP disorder. For the first month or so he was super shy. The clingy stage lasted basically for the next 5 months of the relationship and only in the last few weeks did I start to see hate