Anyone ever date someone with borderline personality disorder? Is this article pretty accurate about what it was like?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I had a girlfriend with BPD and I didn't experience the "stages" described in that article. I recognized maybe 40% of what it talked about. I'm sure there are some relationships with a Borderline which would work out like that, but of course there's a lot of variation among different people dealing with BPD.

Good luck. :)

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I have borderline personality disorder. It's not the reason why I'm bad at dating though. I can handle my disorder, but family experiences have made it hard for me to date.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm also not the clingy type either. I'm a contradiction. I'm an introvert, but mainly an extrovert. I have major anxiety so sometimes I need a little space from people or else I get overwhelmed. I'm nothing like what this article states. I'm really not. Everyone with BPD is different. I have my problems, but I'm not like what the article describes. I think all of my other problems put BPD on the backburner. Having BPD is the least of my worries and is not what affects my dating life.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• i don't know, it also quite meets the story of the boyfriend cheats on the girlfriend and ditches her away and making her lost her mind. i don't really have a thing for this kind of article, too many subjective emotional words, generalized most of the elements between men and women, just like writing a screenplay with his knowlledge , i can't really image there's a normal human in psychiatrist's eye.

0|0
    0|0
  • My last ex girlfriend had Borderline Personality disorder so yes it reminds me
    lot of what she was like

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• My last ex had BP disorder. For the first month or so he was super shy. The clingy stage lasted basically for the next 5 months of the relationship and only in the last few weeks did I start to see hate

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it is.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes