How did you know it was time to end your relationship?

For those of you that have been divorced/ended a serious long term relationship, what made you decide it was time?
how long were you with your partner before breaking up?
what were the red flags of the relationship?
how long did it take to recover from the breakup?
are you friends/civil with your ex?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• 1) Didn't feel right anymore. Did not contribute to my personal growth, I was not better with this person. There were more times of pain than joy.
    2) 5 years
    3) Guess the constant feeling of worry, dried up communication
    4) Well, 3 months of excruciating pain, then next couple months were better because I found a much better person and got professional help. But still a little pain and thoughts lingered. And a year from then, I was over him completely but a few times I still feel the pain associated with the relationship

What Guys Said 2

• (1) Really for me it was when the hurt I was feeling outweighed any possible benefit of staying together.
    (2) 4 years
    (3) Our behaviour towards each other
    (4) Years
    (5) No contact

• Honestly, I've never had a serious relaitonship. But I dated a serious girl for awhile (she could have been called my gf) but what I noticed for me:

- Bad times outweighed the good
    -More and more arguing

These were the only 2, it takes a toll on your body and mindset

What Girls Said 1

• I take the end of each relationship logically. I remind myself that every relationship either ends in marriage or with breaking up. So if I ever realize that a guy is not who I want to be married to, then breaking up is the next step. I'm not interested in putting off the inevitable.

• I agree with you. I never pursued dating people that I couldn't see myself marrying.. I am still friends with the majority of my ex boyfriends because we never ended on sour terms. Just didn't have the same goals in life. I was just curious to hear others views, since I have a lot of family members who don't have great relationships with their exs

• Yeah I ended on good terms with all of my exes too :) We didn't really keep in touch so I wouldn't call us friends, but we could probably hang out without it being weird.