I still have feelings for my ex boyfriend, what should I do?

My ex boyfriend and I were togehter for about 5 months when he broke up with me a year ago without giving me an explanation (I guess he lost interest). I have thought about him every day since and no matter what I do I just cannot move on. I miss him a lot and I really do want to get back together and actually show him that I have changed. But what do you think I should do? I want to contact him but I do not know how to start the textmessage I want to contact him with. How would you react if you received a message from an ex? Or have you ever sent a message to your ex? If so, how was the reaction like?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Why do you think that you have been unable to move on? Please don't tell me because you still love him; that's what everybody says in this situation and it's never the answer. Among other things, what you are feeling is not love, even if you have yourself convinced that it is.

What Guys Said 2

• Hey, from a males perspective don't message him. Us guys are dump. We want what we can't have and when we have it, we don't know what to do with it.

If he hasn't contacted you a few days or weeks after the breakup, you deserve a guy that would.

• Well, I also thought that but I have been waiting for so long and it does not seem like he is going to contact me. I do not know if I should take the chance and text him... I mean, I have nothing to lose, right? And he is literally on my mind every day. But what would you think if you received a text from your ex?

• Any update? My apologies as I have been away for a bit.

• Never got back with an ex never will.

What Girls Said 2

• I would do your research first. I would find out if he was in a relationship because you want to respect the girl he is with as well. If he isn't in a relationship i would message him on facebook (most casual) and ask him how things are going and that you wanted to check in! if he doesn't respond then you have your answer. If he does than be cool and be his friend dont bring up anything relationship stuff or that you miss him. Let him do that eventually.

• But is it not awkward to ask him how it is going after a year with literally no contact? I mean, if I text him, I do not want to appear weird or something. Thank you for your comment btw!

• if the said year had passed without contacting you even once, he maybe no longer have the interest to get back. men don't complicate their lives the same like us girls wherein we do so much thinking before a certain action. if he wants to text you, he will. I did it as well, I texted my ex and no reply, it just made me more heartbroken

• What did you text him, if I may ask? Not in details, just like overall? And how long did you wait before texting him? Thank you for your comment by the way

• I texted him before about a month after our break up because I'm not that serious in breaking up with him (you know us girls do that always) but he took the break up seriously and started to court women to I guess forget me. it's been 3years since then and it's one of my biggest regret in life. I know it's not that healthy but try to get to know some other guys and don't isolate yourself in missing him coz it's been a year already