Ex-husband moved in with new girlfriend shortly after our divorce even though I heard he's not over me? Will it last?

My ex-husband (together for 4 years married for 2 years) and I divorced a year and a half ago. For the past 8 months he's been living with someone else.

After we divorced (I don't feel like getting into the deets - too complicated), he tried to get back to together but I was so angry I couldn't think straight and really needed my space from him. I met someone else and kind of dove into that relationship, but I realized eventually that it was just a rebound and got out of it. When my ex found out I was with someone else he seemed to move on real quick with someone else. We have a lot of mutual friends and I hear he was also devastated after our divorce and he still talks about me.

I'm not sure what to do now. He's moved on with someone else. I'm not sure what I want but I kind of wanted to speak to him now that it's been a while and I've calmed down. But I realize it's a bad idea.

Will his new relationship stick through? Any chance he might still miss me?

I was thinking to just wait it out and see if his rebound ends soon too.. and I just want him to get his own place so we can talk.. I don't know if I want to get back together. All I know is I just want to talk to him. But if he's truly moved on with this girl I don't want to interfere. Should I just wait it out? Could he really be over me if he's still hurt?

35

Most Helpful Girl

• ... For the past 8 months he has been living with someone else...
    You both got a Divorce for a reason and now that it looks likes there was No Kissing and making up when 'He tried,' he moved on to another girl who he felt he had chemistry with And... So far so good so it seems.
    Although you are not under the same roof and can't know for sure, with Her and him being these birds of a feather who so far have stuck together, I am not saying there won't come a time down the love line that this relationship goes sour and Goes... South.
    However, even if he would leave her tomorrow, would you want him back to Continue the same stuff he may have pulled on you to Continue and probably will Pull on her in time?
    Even though there may be some characteristics of her that are different from you, she may hold Other things that he sees in her that you don't possess.
    Don't wait, move on. When you both were in this marriage, you couldn't make it work, you both had your chance for romance but never got it together and this is why you are no longer Together.
    He may really care about her and with '8 months' and still counting, only God and Mother nature know for sure where it will go with the flow.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 5

• he's still in a relationship right? 8 months isn't a short time... so i guess he might've moved on by now, so better don't interfare... yet there might be a possibility of him breakin up wid her... but don't be 100% sure if he does, he's gonn come back to u

• I feel for your situation. At this point, your best bet is to wait a while and see how things go. But you can't put your life on hold forever, either. It's possible he does have feelings for you, but you can bet he's trying to bury them to be with the new person.

If it's meant to be, it will. Let time and nature take its course for a bit and see what happens. And it'll give you more time to think as well.

• Since he doesn't seem to be over you it might ruin his relationship but also since he tried to get back with you and you just didn't want anything to do with him, that might of also played a role on moving on so I think it will last since he's found someone that appreciates him

• Sure he misses you, but he also has a new girl that will do everything in her power to distance him from you. Do you have kids?

• No we don't have any children. The only time we've had to speak to each other was during events with our mutual friends. And I notice he never brings his new girlfriend. I really don't want to interfere with their relationship if he's truly moved on, I just need a way to figure out if it's just a rebound or not. She has young children though 2 girls and 1 boy and they're all living together just so weird.

• Im in the same boat. My ex wife wants me back. My girlfriend does everything she can do to remind me and never let me forget why I left my wife. I moved closer to them 8 months ago and the girlfriend is not happy. Now I have to travel to see the girlfriend and she is fighting to get me to move away. I have 2 sons, one just started college and the other just going into high school.

Anyhow. I still love the ex but I have a very hard time thinking of all the shit she put me through. I dont think I'll ever go back. The more I see the wife, the more I soften my thoughts of her though. When I am away more the more the walls go back up.

That help?

• yeah thanks. I actually ended our relationship because I wasn't happy and I was really angry at him. So he must be really angry at me now..

• I'm not sure I believe you when you say that you're not sure you want to get back together with him. To me, it sounds like you are hopeful and possibly desiring a re-connection with your ex, otherwise, you wouldn't be posting about this. But to answer your question, you said that you ended the relationship because you were unhappy. Whatever those reasons were, do you think that will change if/when you ever get back together with him again? If he's still that same person, is that enough for you to spend the rest of your life with him? If your answer is no, then save yourself the time and trouble and just move on.

What Girls Said 2

• 8 months is a long time. Divorce has reasons. I'd keep out of it and move on. You divorced for a reason, don't repeat old mistakes.

• First question is why did u get a divorce and second do u have any ties to him like children or anything why was u so angry with him in the beginning

• no, no children. I was just fed up with the way he was.. lots of things. And I guess I internalized everything, I didn't know how to communicate with him how I was feeling. I kept everything to myself and one day I exploded on him and I was so angry I couldn't think straight. now he's with this woman who's like twice my size and older... I don't know.. I feel like I made a mistake.

• Oh I see well u will never know until u talk to him and see if things could work out again that's my thoughts