What can really make a long distance relationship work?

My ldr came to an end with the guy cheating on me. I was wondering, how can we make any ldr work?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• 6 years of ldr lead to marriage. He worked it out by having that trust and patience in one another and the desire to want to make it work from both sides. I think you also have to put in effort to talk to each other every day, do Skype or facetime and definitely make a trip to see each other once in a while. It can work, but it really is up to the people involved. Sounds like you were willing to make it work and be patient and he wasn't.

What Guys Said 1

• only a lot of contact. Both parties tend to cheat and unless there is an end in sight (wedding) the relationships grow distant

What Girls Said 2

• Over four years ago a man from Egypt found me on Facebook and we had started a whirlwind romance. After getting to know him and his family much better on Skype, I then flew off to the magical land of Cairo, where I stayed for 30 days. Things went so well that after coming back, 3 months later, I hopped back on board, where we ended up tying the knot at the Ministry of Justice. I remained for awhile, learning how to be a Muslim's wife.
    I am back in the states now, however, I never 'Learned' Completely How to be an Online wife. LDR are One of the hardest to Have and to Uphold of Any and it takes Two special people to make the effort to take the time and to Have the patience. If only One is doing all the work, no Team work, it can go dead real quick in the water.
    I was the one who ended up doing the 'Cheating,' he was the loyal, faithful man but forgave me and loves me unconditionally, even to this day. We have had many ups and downs, Breakups and makeups, due to the fact that I have not set back in Cairo because the Middle East is just getting worse.
    I can tell you from my own experience that you are probably better off finding someone closer to home. However, 'Closer to home' doesn't always mean Closer to your heart but unless you Know you are going to be able to see one another as much as you can and you know that the Other on either end is going to stay Faithful, LDR is very difficult many times. There are many Control problems and trust issues because you both don't have this mouse in your back pocket to see what the other is doing.
    Good luck. xx

• Besides what makes every relationship work, money and a lot of free time.