OK well I'm no doctor but I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to be hearing stuff move around in my ear when I move it... Is that a good indication that if I don't get ear medicine than I could get an ear infection?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• You are not supposed to hear fluid moving around in your ear. If you can go to the doctor then that would be the best thing, but if it becomes infected an starts to hurt and you don't have antibiotics then what I've done in the past for swimmers ear was to take a Q-tip, dip it in hydrogen peroxide 3% solution, and gently put it in my ear and swabbed the sides close to the ear drum. Hydrogen peroxide doesn't burn like alcohol does so that's why I use it, plus in microbiology class it seemed to kill microbes a lot better than alcohol too. You can only kill microbes that are in the outer ear that way though, if it's behind the tympanic membrane then a doctor would have to put in a tube or give systemic antibiotics I would think.

What Guys Said 3

• I disagree with the other 2 answers so far. You probably (obviously) have fluid built up in your inner ear & a Q tip will not help. Go to the Dr. & get some antibiotics to help have it drain or have a little tube installed to drain it.

I don't know if it will get worse or go away over time on its own.

Mine didn't but were all different.

What you have is called an ear infection. Why take chances & maybe suffer some hearing loss or have that aggravating sound in your ear.

• Get some Murine ear wax remover and use it.

• Q-tips will tell you the answer.

DONT SHOVE IT IN THERE! be gentle, kinda feel around...

What Girls Said 1

• If you are hearing things in your ear I would deffinalty go get that checked out. If you do have an ear infection and you don;t get medicine and let it go you can damage your hearing.