Friends with benefits & nc rule?

I was in a friends with benefits relationship (started as his girlfriend but he got stressed out about it) for 2 years. We were on and off. On July 9 he tells me that he is dating a new girl and he wanted to be just friends. I told him that I think it's best we don't talk or hangout. I still like him and was hurt that he dump me again. We broke up 7 times. How long can a no contact rule go for?

A month ago he told me that he wasn't ready for a girlfriend. The last time I saw him was June 11 he said I love you.

I do miss him a lot. Last year he had a girl but he dumped her and came back to me.

10

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Well, if you're genuinely confused and hurt the fact that he got a girlfriend, then don't contact him at all. I don't believe in the "Set amount of days", if someone hasn't treated me right, or that I see no point in having them in my life, I won't hesitate to get rid of them. Especially if they're doing you no good, I think you made a good call on the no hang out, because truthfully i hate it when people automatically assume we can be friends, no- it doesn't work that way, at least not for a while.