Ex wants to be friends but declined lunch?

I asked my ex boyfriend if he wanted to be friends and he said yes. We broke up about a month and a half ago because he said he's not in love with me anymore. I asked if he wanted to grab lunch sometime but he said it's too soon. How does that make any sense? I'm confused. Then why did he say he wants to be friends? He said we wouldn't hang out every days or talk every day but he's made no effort to talk. It's always me. So why did he agree if we're not really friends

32

Most Helpful Guy

• Sad but he's not in love also your ex is ex for reason so always remember I've learned that myself..

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe it's harder than he thought it would be. Me and my boyfriend are having problems and I'm on the verge of breaking up with him. But even though I'd like us to stay friends if we break up, it might be like stretching out the heart break.. for both of us.

What Guys Said 1

• It's too soon, by friends maybe he just means communicating first lightly. Lunch may be too personal for him at the moment. Maybe he's afraid of seeing you because emotions might rush back. Me and my ex started off really casually texting and then eventually we were able to do lunches and hangout, but it took time. Just be patient, if you really still want him in your life just respect his decision and go on living your life.

What Girls Said 2

• nah friends dont always talk to each other

• well you can't be really be friends with someone that you fall in love with. no one can hate you more than someone that used to be your lover