Should I let it go or say something?

I have been dating this guy for 6 months & everything has been great. Last night we talked on the phone & he wanted me to get some info for him (not related to the situation.) Anyway I get off the phone with him cause his cousins were coming over. I called him back like 15 min later to tell him the info I found out & he never answered. Me calling right back is not like me & I knew his cousins were over so normally I wouldn't, but I wanted to give him the info real quick. Normally I wouldn't care cause I hate talking on the phone plus I knew his cousins were there, but it just seemed shady to me cause he always answers his phone for me or calls right back and he knew I was looking into something for him. Now I am wondering did the cousins bring someone over there and that is why he didn't answer. Plus he seemed to be in a rush to get off the phone with me before they came. The next day he calls but doesn't mention anything about not answering his phone. I would expect something like "sorry I missed your call" or what not. I don't know if I should say something to him or not. I am not one of those girls who needs phone calls, nagging, a lot of attention. I do my thing & he does his etc. but my gut is just in a knot & something seems shady. The way he acted was just out of his norm. We finally just met each others kids for the first time that night cause we are taking things slow cause we both been hurt in prior relationships, but what he did is kinda setting me back a little. Idk. Am I overreacting? Should I let it go or bring it to his attention. I just don't to be that nagging girlfriend. Any advice would be nice. Thanks in advance.

50

Most Helpful Girl

• He had company and maybe they were caught up and he was away from the phone. I can understand why you're frustrated but I do think you are overreacting here. You've said he normally calls right back or always answers his phone, that is better than a lot of guys. On the flipside, if your gut is telling you something, listen to it. Do not allow your frustration to fester and make too much out of nothing and ruin a good thing. Regain a cool head first, then approach him about how you feel about not being called back if it is really that important to you and that you feel something may have changed.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• If this is the first time he has acted this way then let it go. He was probably in a rush because he was having company and needed to prepare for them. For example, get food ready, do any last minute straightening up in the house, get ready himself etc. He probably didn't mention the phone call because maybe he honestly forgot? It's always a possibility. I just don't think it's worth the hassle when there's really nothing to go on. Besides that, you mentioned that the last 6 months have been going very well. I doubt he'd want to blow it with you by doing something stupid.

• Reverse the role. Do it back to him, he'll be sure to bring it up, trust me. When he does, there is your gateway to openly talk about it without being the "nagging girlfriend." Sometimes people don't realize the impact of their actions until it's slapped them across the face.

• I think you're over thinking the situation. It's probably nothing at all. Maybe he left his phone in another room or something.

• i would personally let it go... and not mention anything... this has only happened once..

1.Forget about it completely give him the benefit of the doubt and walk away from it

2. if something of the sort happens again or sumthign else that givew you the same vibe mention it as casully a you can mustar

3. third time I would personally launch an investigation

but this first time you should ignore it because CERTAINLY the second time around your memeory will b jogge. you don't hav to put a note in the back of your head to TRY to remember it as us women do. If its important and relevant itll come up in your gut again the next tyme as a familiar feeling when sumthing funny happens again...

And I also think you're right about the nagging... its naggy to ask the first time...