Guys, how long does it take you to get over someone who lied/betrayed/cheated on you?

If you were in a serious relationship with someone, and you really loved her, but you found out she was lying about something or betrayed your trust in some way... and you broke up... How long would it take you to get over her completly? Would you ever forgive her if she tried to fix things?

3

Most Helpful Guy

• I would tell her I forgive her, have peace in my heart so I don't end up hating her. But will never ever get back with her unless I had children with here because they are a priority. But if no kids id just aknolwedge them in passing (if we live in a small town) but not initiate a conversation. She hurt me and does not need to be in my future

What Guys Said 2

• There are lots of factors involved but basically it depends on the guy. Let's look at both extreme ends: inexperienced vs experienced guy. Inexperienced guys will typically brood over it for some time. When I was cheated on with my last girlfriend about 6 years ago (I chose to stay out of the dating arena afterwards) I was very inexperienced. It took me a whole year to open back to the world. I was very young and lived in ignorance at the time. Believe it or not, I am going back to our hometown soon and may be meeting with her despite what happened all those years ago. I have gotten over the fact that she cheated on me, but I will never forgive her.

The second extreme would be imagining if she cheated on me now. I would still feel very upset about it, but I would move on and get over it within no time. Understand, I am very much a future oriented person and typically get over things quickly. Most experienced guys I know typically move on quickly but they do feel pain if the guy truly had feelings for her.

Overall, how quickly someone moves on is dependent on the guy. Going a little in depth, if the guy is experience he will typically move on much quicker versus an inexperienced guy...

• depends on how and wot she did?

if she cheated on me... eh ok i don't give a fuck let it be... but if she was spreadin rumors about me givin me some bad rep to he friends then nope i'd not forgive her... never.