My abusive ex will not leave me alone?

He prostituted people, did drugs, dealt drugs, and was an alcoholic. I broke up with him and I am now with a standup guy, but my ex won't stop contacting me. 30+ emails, and just last night he found my business facebook and messaged me there.

He tells me he can't move on, he will wait ten years, he can't live without me, and other passionate stuff. I have hardly responded or encouraged him, tried ignoring him, tried telling him to stop, and he will not listen. He insists that I meet him in person so that he can get closure.

How can I give him closure or make him stop? I still have feelings for him, so his consistent contact is holding me back and making me feel disconnected from my life. I'm also psychologically messed up from everything he did, so my mind is confused when it comes to him. What do I do? Any advice would be great

37

Most Helpful Guy

• You are such a disgusting person... sheesh you are a immature stuck up...
    I keep on seeing your posts about your abusive ex!!! And you need to FUCKING GET A LIFE!! move the FUCK ON!
    What is your problem...

Your asshole EX will just use you and he will do the same things he did the first times...

And make up your mind fast!!! If you waana go back to that douchbag then go but YOU DONT HAVE A FUCKING RUGHT TO MAKE A FOOL OUT OF YOUR CURRENT boyfriend... AND USE HIM !!

Seriously your current boyfriend deserves someone 10x better than you... he is just fucking wasting his life and time with you...

YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE!

• I posted this because he's stalking me and finds my contact info after I change it, block him, etc. You know nothing. I love my boyfriend. Now get over yourself, stop being a narrow-minded and unhelpful waste of space, and get off my post/future posts.

• Bla bla bla... bullshit!!!

Hour hard is it for you to block him of the social media huh?
      But you won't cause you are definitely not over him...
      And no I won't get off your posts or future posts

• *how hard

Most Helpful Girl

• I would advise that you DO NOT meet him in person. Could be dangerous (obsessed men who feel slighted can be very dangerous... and the vast majority of female homicide victims are killed by an ex partner). I think you should respond one more time to tell him that if he contacts you in any way again you will go to the police.

What Guys Said 6

• Don't meet him, whatever you do. He senses, or understands, that you have a weakness for him...

AS I've said, you will need not only friendly advice for this, but some professional help. The sooner, the better.

• What kind of therapist should I go to?

• I had a very peaceful and happy childhood, so I don't think that is it. My famliy is also very great. My trauma comes greatly from this situation. I plan on seeing a therapist though.

• Usually, the childhood trauma is hidden, psychologically. It probably isn't PHYSICAL trauma, so we find it 'normal.''

You're on the right track, whatever therapist you go to. Good luck, Helpha. Sorry you have this problem, but that's what we are here for!

• Avoid him completely, block him on any medium he uses to contact you, and see about getting a restraining order, if he ever finds you in person you should call the police immediately.

• Easy answer. Restraining order. Sure you still care for him. But you are with another guy. And sure it might be "Passionate" but it's just an illusion. That's borderline stalking. If you really care for him then just literally mail him a whole letter saying how you need to think about yourself this time and move on. And if he keeps being "passionate". Thats where the Order comes in. And as a plus, being a guy, im sure your boyfriend is not comfortable with this situation. So ask him what to do. Be open. Im sure he will be too.

• Don't respond him, make another email and If he keeps contacting you call the police. What he is doing is messing with your mind, trying to confuse you. He is a manipulator.

• STAY away from him by all means! Close the book and turn the page.

What Girls Said 2

• tell him if he loves you then he should leave you alone as that is what you want. he should let you go. Tell him he was too hard to be with and your life is better without him. If he gets a bit much though you can always involve the police or block him from social media and lay low... I changed my number and laid low for a long time when i split from my ex.

• Stay away from him, get a restraining order if you have to.

• If you meet up with him you will regret it. How hard is it to ignore the messages. Don't read them. Just delete. If you weren't reading them you wouldn't be so affected. And don't say you aren't cause otherwise you wouldn't feel this way. Get a restraining order or whatever you have to. Just stay away from him. His words don't matter, always remember that.