Should I break up with my girlfriend?

We have been dating for a little over a month, and I suggested that she should meet my family sometime which resulted in her freaking out. Family is everything to me and I honestly don't know if I can continue to move forward in our relationship if she isn't willing to meet my family.

FYI this is my first relationship, so I really have no clue what to expect

67

Most Helpful Girl

• It IS still early in your Date Mate stage of things, @Braveheart4321, and she may not be this Ready Eddy who is Prepared To... Meet the parents.
    Give her some space, cut her some slack and with time, patience on your part, and the nursing and nurturing of your Newbie Relationship, I think she may come along and Hopefully... Around.
    Right now, I see the writing on the wall and all that she is this Nervous Nellie and is Not Gun Ho to Go and 'Meet my family. Just go slow with the flow for now and Ease into it, and perhaps, instead of Mom's for dinner, everyone could meet up in a casual restaurant where you could Casually Chat and chew.
    However, to be fair, if you find along the love line, that she is crossing a fine Line of just 'Freaking out' because she is this Plain Jane who down Right refuses to Meet mom and dad, then sadly you Do have a problem on your hands and it Is... Blood Relatives whom you love and want your soul mate to as well because I would have to Agree... Family is everything.
    You may find as time goes on that If going around the Mulberry bush is something that becomes a Full Circle Problem Pattern that you will know whether or not she is meant for you.
    Good luck. xx

What Girls Said 5

• As most people have said, one month should not be a shock for someone to still feel apprehensive about meeting your family. No reason to dump her. You're still getting to know things about each other. If you really want to ease her in to it, have her meet just only your mom or brother or whoever one at a time so it's not overwhelming to see everyone at a family barbecue, for instance. Little by little, she'll be meeting them over time and it won't even seem like much. Even if you have a sister and you have to run by her house to drop something off, bring your girlfriend along so it's just a five minute visit to introduce them while you're there. If your girlfriend is still not ready, give it time. Many couples will go a lot longer than one month to meet family, and family means a lot to many people. :) Good luck!

• No you don't need to dump her. I don't blame her for freaking out. I'm sure she's worried out of her mind about how they might think of her. Plus showing her to your parents in 1 month of dating is really soon. Best to wait over 5 months just in case if y'all do break up soon.

• Did you talk about why she freaked out? If you've only been dating a month, it's probably because to her that is moving a bit too fast. Meeting the family is a big step.

• Maybe she needs more time before meeting them. If you really like her you should understand this. Many girls want to but are afraid of making a bad impression on them or it being a sign you want to move too fast on her before she's ready. Give her some time lol this would be a dumb thing to break up over

• I would freak out too!
    I think parents hate me so I avoid them. I know it is wrong and I need to change that but.. Talk to her. Besides one month is pretty early in my opinion.

• You've only been dating for a month, take it easy with stuff.

What Guys Said 7

• At the moment you should just be worrying about getting to know each other, and not worrying about meeting families yet. Its too early in the relationship. Its only being a month, what's the rush.

No you shouldn't break up with your girlfriend. She freaked out, because its too much too soon. take one step at a time my friend, otherwise its going to lead to disappointment.

• A month? Don't you think her meeting your family is abit to quick in the relationship? She probably freaked out because how early on in the relationship you asked.

Also in a relationship it consists of 2 people.. Thats it.. Not 2 people and a family.. Not 2 people and a friend..
    Just those 2 people

• You've only been dating for a month, and you eant her to meet your parents already? I don't blame her for freaking out! That's wayyy too soon for that.

Best to wait until she feels ready. I usually don't even mention my parents until my girlfriend asks to meet them, when I'm dating.

• You're rushing. You're also forcing your principles on her, which is not good.

If she's not ready to meet your family, she's not ready to meet your family.

• No thats not something to break up over. Although it is something to talk about. If it means that much to you she she should be open to something you feel is needed. Be open.

• she sounds a little bi polar to me