Is there any truth to this quote: don't leave the one you love for the one you like?

42

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes!! My ex left me for someone they liked and ended up coming back to me. Then tried it again but we stayed broken up after this last time. Also, I thought about leaving them in the beginning of our relationship for someone I was starting to like but ended up staying. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. It's green where you water it. Just keep that in mind.

• I think I'm about to make that mistake. I hope I don't regret it.

• I can't tell you what you can and cannot do. But from experience talking and even considering leaving him is something I regret to this day. IM not doing to lie, it's going to be amazing for the first weeks/months but the euphoria goes away. The things you are looking for in someone else that is missing in your current relationship fades just like they did before. Because it takes a person fully and wholeheartedly committed to stay and be happy. Look at it this way if you're questioning it right now, it's probably not the right thing to do

• I just broke up with him but you're probably right. I don't know why I did it anyways knowing you were right. I guess I knew I couldn't give him the love he deserved anymore.

What Guys Said 2

• Absolutely... it will lead to a lifetime of regret when you make that mistake.

• How do you know for sure you are making a mistake? What happens if you end up with the one you like...

• I think I'll never reach that stage. Do you feel like you have fulfill that part of your life?

• I'm not sure what you are asking? Fulfill what part of my life?
      I think I can answer anyway. Not really, no. Yet, I am not sure that if I hadn't made that "mistake" that THAT would have been a mistake too. You just have to live and learn.

• Seems to make sense to me.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes, @Strawberryx333, there Certainly IS... Truth to this quote.
    The grass is Isn't always greener on the other side of the fence is Another True Quote, and when you find love, stick with it because Later what you thought you would "Like" ton Another End, turns out to be a horse of another color. xx

• Why is this a quote?
    It's common sense...

• Like is more important then love in my opinion